QUESTION Race Track Builder - Vertex Overload

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Les Neilson, May 5, 2019.

1. Les Neilson

Les Neilson Active Member

I have a problem with a large map I'm building in RTB. I chose the largest possible background size (16384) and I've subdivided a bit, but not much. I've added a bit of track, but not much either, and reduced the mesh complexity quite a bit there too. But it's reporting 182621 vertices... It can't be more complex than my TT circuit... Am I missing something?

Also, when exporting, RTB no longer creates a subfolder inside the Export folder, and only generates a Venue.fbx, instead of an fbx with the track name. Again, am I missing something?

2. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

All options ticked on export?
    (Also not sure if KS Editor can load 16k images?)

3. Les Neilson

All options ticked, but for older projects there were a couple more options on the right side of the panel which aren't there (said things like combine meshes, I think).

Thanks for the hint regarding the image size, I'll take a look later

4. Les Neilson

Okay, discovered that the largest background map size (16384) doesn't work with kseditor. Reduced to 8192 and the problem disappears...

The problem with the export options was solved selecting Export to Assetto Corsa... oops

Pixelchaser likes this.
  5. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

btw the game itself can use 16384 im sure.

6. barf

barf Member

the game can even use NPOT textures, and meshes over 65k vertices are no problem either

it's ksEditor that seems to have more limitations than the game engine does, when I need to use it for replay cameras or something I cut-down a low-res version of my track (exporting straight from blender to kn5 is easier for me)

7. ico170

ico170 New Member

how do you export direct?

Les Neilson likes this.
  8. Les Neilson

I'd like to know that too...

9. ico170

ico170 New Member

i found a guy that made an exporter for kn5 but its made for blender 2.7 and the guy has no contact details or anything. anybody here know how to update scripts to 2.8? i will try to learn how but i never used it soo it might take some time.
    http://site.hagn.io/assettocorsa/blender-kn5-exporter
    here is the exporter made in 2015 he has a test track for download and he says he can get more vertex with this exporter than using the editor

10. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

but its kind of bare-bone, you dont have the material-adjustments unless you do a lot of extra work in blender by adding "Custom Pproperties"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice