QUESTION Problems with Character Animation

Discussion in 'Apps' started by kevinlu, Aug 23, 2023.

1. kevinlu

kevinlu New Member

After testing, character animations like these do not work properly right when you start the game. You can only make it work after entering the game by modifying the parameters in the config file.
    Is it possible to have the character animations in there normally as the game starts? It would make the game more fun and add to it's wider audience.

[ANIMATED_9018 ]
    NODE = oldman
    ANIMATION = Old Man Walk_realmonaca.ksanim
    TICK_TOCK_MODE = 0 ; set to 1 to make animation go forwards and backwards
    DURATION = 30.3

2. kevinlu

kevinlu New Member

Also, the figure has no physical collision effects, so it can't be used to simulate traffic accidents.

3. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Animations should start as soon as the game is loaded, shouldnt have to modify the config to get it to run. Something is up with your keyframe recording?

And no, they can't be collideable, the game was never coded to do that, and the patch cant enable this as it could open a variety of issues online.

4. kevinlu

kevinlu New Member

Thank you, brother. So the collision problem can't be fixed? To be honest, it's a bit disappointing. 5 months ago, when I was looking for a display system that could simulate car-imaging type of electronics, I stumbled upon Assetto corsa and thought I could use it to fulfill that need.

5. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

It already does way more than its intended use, racing cars on a race track. Anything beyond that, its all hacking of an old game engine.

6. kevinlu

kevinlu New Member

I think ASSETTO CORSA is one of the best racing simulation games out there, not only because of the realistic racing simulation but also because of the extensive "modding" community.I like more than just the racing, and would like to see more content simulated, such as drivers, passersby, and feature-rich next-generation automotive technology. Of course, this should all be within a safe framework, and there are already good boundaries: online and offline play.

7. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

8. kevinlu

kevinlu New Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice