QUESTION Paddle animations in different position and pivot point in game

Discussion in 'General' started by PenguinActually, Apr 30, 2020.

1. PenguinActually

PenguinActually New Member

Hi all

I've been working on an M3 CSL for a wee while now and I'm stumped by the paddle shift animations.
    I've not made them before so I'm blindly trying to follow the car pipeline v2 and good old trial and error.
    Temporarily used a quick and dirty driver animation with the old 120 frame FBX template from Kunos. I currently export the car, and door animations with frames 0 - 120.

In 3DS Max the animations work fine. Frame 0 is their home position and frame 10 is their clicked position. This is the same for both paddles.
    I export SteerHR and PaddleUp or Down depending on which one I am exporting. Frames 0 to 10. car_shift_up and car_shift_dw

Once in the game, the paddles are not in their correct positions and seem to pivot in between their dummy pivot points instead of at their dummy pivot points.

It's got to be something silly and simple that I'm overlooking and doing wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

isn't it only 100 frames, not 120?

3. PenguinActually

PenguinActually New Member

That older one has keys and animation to frame 120 yeah. I don't think it affects the paddle shift animation though.
    The finger animations I did quickly was the same. Deleted all existing animations. Frame 0 is resting position, Frame 10 is pressed and it functions fine. It's just the cars paddle animations that are out of place and pivot.

I also thought it might be using the pivot for STEER_HR due to being a child but it's not using the same pivot point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice