QUESTION Help with ride height on model

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by bikerbob951, Sep 1, 2022.

1. bikerbob951

bikerbob951 New Member

I am working on an Ariel Atom-esque model of my own design, and attempting to port it thru blender and into AC. I have many questions, but the one closest at hand is as follows:

My car uses pushrod suspension and exposed control arms (it's an open wheel car). When I export the model as an .fbx into blender, where should the suspension be in its range of motion? When fully extended the car has 5.5" ground clearance, 0.5" at full compression, and at normal ride height is at around 4". Should I bring the model into blender with the suspension at ride height, or at one of the extremes? The plan is to show suspension animation, but I'm not that far along yet.

ps: I'd link an image of my project, but I'm not ready to share just yet!

2. Fuzo

Fuzo Member

position of suspension is determined by car physics. You can import it in any position you want basically, the engine will take tyre and body nodes and will place/move them according to the suspension data.

bikerbob951 likes this.
  3. bikerbob951

bikerbob951 New Member

Excellent, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice