SOLVED AI splines on left and right incorrect?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by bikerbob951, Aug 17, 2022.

1. bikerbob951

bikerbob951 New Member

Hello all,

I'm working on my second track from scratch, and I've got a strange issue. After using the AI Dev App tool, the magenta AI spline "Fast lane" generates fine, but the red splines showing the right and left edges of the track are completely wrong, they zig-zag all across the entire map, way outside the track boundaries.

Of course, as a result the game fails to launch the track if I've got the AI splines present.

Things I've tried:
    - Ensured all road segments are named appropriately.
    - surrounding surface roads were renamed OBJxxx

Thoughts?

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

3. bikerbob951

bikerbob951 New Member

4. bikerbob951

bikerbob951 New Member

Hey @fughettaboutit thanks for the link, the AI helper tool mentioned in the link you provided did the trick for me!

For anyone searching for a solution, here was what worked for me: Esotic's AI Line Helper tool

5. Fuzo

Fuzo Member

if you want to generate boundaries directly from your surface, before you will enter the game to create AI line, change all surfaces in surfaces.ini except road to invalid surfaces, then create the AI line and it should be OK. You can even edit those lines in ksEditor what I heard but I never tried it.

bikerbob951 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice