SOLVED AC not generating fastlane candidate

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by chilenaoexiste, Feb 20, 2024.

1. chilenaoexiste

chilenaoexiste New Member

On two specific tracks, AC just isn't generating the fastlane candidates, I'm recording it the same way I've always done, a few (usually 2-3) fast laps, then stop and hit the exit button, but when I look at the ai folder on the track, there is nothing. AC doesn't generate the fastlane.ai.candidate file. Somehow it only generated a pitlane.ai.candidate file.

Now a few things I tried that didn't lead to nothing:
    - I've saw people saying to turn off a few options on the "New AI Behavior" tab on CSP, I did it and nothing changed
    - I tried to disable all the new ai behavior stuff and nothing.
    - Changing the Content Manager version didn't work.
    - Not using CM at all didn't work.
    - The ac_time objects are perfectly fine, they are in the same way they are in any other track.
    - The track surfaces inside surfaces.ini are all marked as valid, so are the kerbs.
    - Re-creating the track's folder structure from scratch with a new name and all didn't work.
    - Changing the car I was using to record the ai files didn't work, I tested multiple modded and kunos cars and nothing.
    - I checked and re-clecked all the files inside track's folder and couldn't find anything wrong.
    - I re-created most of the files inside the track's folder and didn't work.
    - Creating a pitlane.ai file and renaming as a fastlane didn't work.
    - I was recording the AIs on the Practice mode, tried doing it in Hotlap mode and nothing.

And weirdly enough, I tried recording a fastlane.ai in another random track I've just downloaded and it generated the candidate file without issue, so it probably is something with the two tracks themselves but I have actual no idea what, I have created them in the exact same way I di with multiple others and its the only one that has given me issues.

Thoughts?

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Which tracks? And CSP version?

3. chilenaoexiste

tracks one is a fictional track I'm working on, and the other is buddh by acu that I'm modifying for personal use
    I'm still on csp version 0.1.80-preview442 and have been for a while, probably isnt the latest since I havent looked at it in some time

4. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Oh yeah definitely not the latest. I would try and disable CSP altogether to record AI if you can, or switch back to 1.79

5. chilenaoexiste

I assumed that csp needed content manager to work, so at one point I tried recording the laps without cm, just using the default ac launcher but it didn't work

later I'll definitely try switching csp versions or just turning it off while still using content manager tho

6. chilenaoexiste

going back to CSP 0.1.79 worked! So it was just an with with 0.1.80-preview442, thanks!

ElMakanaki22 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice