QUESTION Mesh texture issue in ks editor any one help? :)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LockeNessMotorsports, Aug 1, 2017.

1. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

Hey, So I'm having a slight issue with my fence texture in Ks editor I've used exactly the same shader as kunos on their Silverstone track but I can't get rid of my white background, I've even made a mask and applied it in 3ds max in the opacity map slot and still nothing :( Any ideas or where am i going wrong xD.

fence.jpg

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Im looking at your diffuse map slot, looks like it didnt load the texture correctly...
    If your DDS is carrying an alpha channel, which you say it is, then it should say DXT5, the dimensions of the texture and a size much larger than zero KB

shader_settings_2.jpg

3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

this 0 kb issue only occurs when its not loaded from the "texture" folder. I don't use the texture folder myself.
    the only issue can be your alpha channel for transparency. I went through a a few days with photoshop where it was only exporting a fully white alpha. not sure why, but alpha is your issue afaic tell

4. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

This is my folder setup I didn't put the mask in there, i have an fbx folder and a texture

folder setup.jpg

5. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Can you open your DDS in photoshop and show us the channels tab? Should say RGB then Red, Green, Blue and Alpha 1 underneath.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice