WHICH GRAPHICS CARD? ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix OC ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Prototype, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

I do not know this model specifically, but from my experience the performance between the big players is very very close within the same generation (I had Gigabyte, MSI, Asus). It's other criteria that sets them a bit apart: price, noise, looks, after-sale :).

..other than this.. mmmmuch envy.. :D

3. Prototype

Thanks Luchian, ... also read somewhere that some people are getting better results with 1080ti's than 2080ti's in some instances, so was curious on that ... doesnt sound like it should be the case though ...

Im still rocking a 1060 6gb, so regardless, this should be nice beefy upgrade ...

4. dans_garagiste

dans_garagiste New Member

I would personally wait for the AMD 7nm cards to come to market they are generally better for production and workstation workloads. Even if you dont like AMD it will drive the Nvidia cards prices down. I would recommend a card with built in watercooling if you are spending that much, I like to keep my build quiet and cool so always run watercooled GPU

5. dans_garagiste

dans_garagiste New Member

6. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

If I would be in the market for buying a graphics card NOW, I would definitely wait a 'bit. With the announcement of Super for nVidia and the xx50XT for AMD, the battle is tight (..not to say fierce).

..anyway.. I have a vague memory that @Prototype already pulled the trigger some time back.:nerd:

7. Prototype

Thanks for sharing the info @dans_garagiste
    I'm running the Nvidia card, but always good to know, and Im sure other people out there might be asking similar questions … :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice