REQUEST Wall collision issue

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Fuzo, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Fuzo

Fuzo Member

Hi guys, I am currently converting a Lausitzring track from rfactor 2 (with permission of original creator) and trying to make it work for Assetto. Everything is OK except one specific location where I can't get WALLs to work properly - between start straight and pitzone, there is a visible wall which I have renamed to 1WALL_pitwall, as I did with every other wall on the track. But every other wall works as it should except this one in pits. From one side it acts as a stair and propels the car to the air, from the other side it is doing absolutely nothing and it is possible to drive trough it, as it was not there. I even tried to create a new object and made it as separate collidable object, but it is not working at all in this area. I tried to put there other collidable objects there and they worked, I tried to create simple boxes and made them collidable and they worked, but when I created a bigger one there, it did not work, could someone help me with troubleshooting of this issue?

Can I put 2 different collidable objects on each other by the way?

link to the WIP track: https://mega.nz/#!ccUnSCKD!Q2TY0Y_RbAslB0XN4MIIwZWuOtGrK4FWgGoleoZC2hs

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Check normals orientation. Note that the collision work only "against" the normal. If you wish to have from both sides, you need to double the face.

Also, this should not be an issue in this case, but try to avoid using also PIT inside the name.

3. Fuzo

Fuzo Member

I've checked normals and they were pointing as they should, nothing unusual. But I will try to change those names. Any other ideas what to check?

4. Fuzo

Fuzo Member

Issue solved by creating new collision walls from a plane mesh, not a box :)

5. Ariel Suraniti

Ariel Suraniti Member

Could you tell me, how did it? thx

6. Ariel Suraniti

Ariel Suraniti Member

Could you tell me, how did it? thx

7. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

as i understand, he scratch made new walls from vertical planes (facing to the track)

8. Fuzo

Fuzo Member

exactly :)

9. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

One method in short: make a plane, make it vertical, enter edit mode, vertex select mode, go to top view, select only two border verticies, use "e" to extrude, go around the track to make the wall around all the things that are walls.

Another way would be to make a copy of the existing barrier, cut out the bottom edge, and extrude that.
    upload_2020-5-4_20-10-1.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice