QUESTION Tweak car performance

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by Andre Teixeira, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Andre Teixeira

Andre Teixeira New Member

Hi all :)

I am looking to make a F1 grid with "realistic" performance based on the rss fh x evo.
    My question is how do I make slight changes to the downforce/engine/drag of the car in order to differentiate the pack.

2. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

If you mean so certain cars are different in power/aero like from different teams, I believe you'd have to separate them into unique cars with their own folders. As for making the changes, power.lut changes the torque of the engine at a given rpm, the turbo is adjusted from engine.ini, this is a helpful tool for seeing the effects: https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/

Downforce/drag is from aero.ini and it's related .lut files, it can be easy to mess stuff up in here so make backups, each wing references a lut that controls the coefficient of lift and drag at different angles of attack, for diffusers they also have one for ground height. If you enable dev apps you can bring up the wings addon in game that shows the location and current values for each wing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice