QUESTION Strange problem with rails

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Ternal, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Ternal

Ternal Member

Hi everyone, i'm working on a track in order to update it with working ext_config, tv cams and so on.

I noticed a problem with the work done (only in replay mode at least for my eyes), there's some rails (not everyones seems that from distance are 50% transparent and while closer not. Anyone have idea on why or how to solve it?

Here's a screen of the problem:

Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_porsche_904_it_coppa_monti_iblei_9-9-121-19-35-55.jpg

Thanks in advance to everyone ;)

2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

99% its the texture used for it, on alpha channel make all parts that should be opaque 100% white and use ksPerPixelAT shader, blendmode alphatest, alphablend is not needed here, and dont set object to transparent
    upload_2021-10-10_11-15-56.png

Ternal likes this.
  3. Ternal

Ternal Member

I will check it then, thanks for the tip. It's strange becase in game and in closer distance is not present ;)

4. Ternal

Ternal Member

Problem solved, it wasn't a texture issue (i'm a graphic designer so i knew the things about alpha) but a material problem in game, solved via CSP with

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
    ACTIVE=1
    DESCRIPTION= missing double sided
    MATERIALS =631
    IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

never thinked about that they did a mistake like that before thining about your solution, so thank you ;)

fughettaboutit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice