QUESTION Segments of track dissapear in AC (undeground I think) but in Blender it's all fine

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by dunai19, May 31, 2021.

1. dunai19

dunai19 New Member

Hi, I'm working on my track using Blender and GIS plugin. I've already made a track, simple terrain around it with topography and used shrinkwrap modifier so it nicely lays on the terrain.

Now, the thing is that in Blender it fits the curvature of terrain well, but in game segments of track dissapear (screenshot). I used offset with the modifier so the track goes even a little bit higher than it should but still the same problem. You can see at the screeonshot that after some grass track continues.

Can someone help me?

Also, another small problem - I can't see the track in ksEditor. Export works fine, track itself too, it's just like invisible in editor.

Blend file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mXUokRX2iEouctAAoU5SROjV3j5KAB3a/view?usp=sharing
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

Check if the Normal orientation is correct. If you can see the track from below where those holes are, it's the wrong way around.

3. dunai19

dunai19 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It seems alright

4. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

Your road is all one part, you should cut that into pieces, AC cant handle road parts longer than 1km.
    But it should still be visible, idk why its not...

5. dunai19

dunai19 New Member

When I split roads into parts the game crashes... I'm sick of this game

6. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

the view mode you're in does not show Normal orientation, you're in Material preview, try the one on the left of it ("Solid"), and open the small v next to it, and set a tag on "Backface Culling".

If the mesh were too big, the KS Editor would just tell you and exclude it on loading. And guestimating, with that mesh type you created there the track would need to be really long to become problematic.

7. dunai19

dunai19 New Member

When I enable "Backface curling" nothing specific happens, but here's screenshot with "display normals" enabled

[​IMG]

: help
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice