power.lut, this dont add up

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by Christian Persson, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Christian Persson

Christian Persson New Member

I'm having some difficulties trying to replicate a dyno curve in power.lut file and cant seem to understand what I'm doing wrong, not sure if its a inertia error, lag error or simply a mathematical error in the torque values.

the numbers i have is as below,
    0|55
    500|60
    1000|65
    1500|70
    2000|80
    2500|90
    3000|104
    3500|125
    4000|148
    4500|180
    5000|207
    5500|210
    6000|205
    6500|195
    7000|190
    7500|185
    8000|180
    8500|178
    9000|

using the formula,
    t*(b+1)/0,85)
    t=torque from the sheet
    b=boost of 1,4
    0,85 being drivetrain loss

The dyno sheet,
    dyno.PNG

And the result i get from url/tool below
    http://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/
    result.PNG

as you can see the low end is not near the results im looking for, granted i haven't entered a confirmed reference rpm for spool up just yet and have it at 5200 as is, but even going for 3200 dousent get me the curve i need. sure I could add more torque at the bottom but that dousent seem right math don't lie.

Turbo 0 & 1 data,

LAG_DN=0.995
    LAG_UP=0.9988
    MAX_BOOST=1.4
    WASTEGATE=0.90
    DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=1.40
    REFERENCE_RPM00
    GAMMA=2
    COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

2. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson Member

luchian likes this.
  3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

garyjpaterson likes this.
  4. Christian Persson

Thank you very much, both of you, took a while for me to reply as I wanted to get familiar with the excel sheet and its a very helpful tool indeed. managed to get the line spot on in a few minutes but need to get more comfortable with the values of the spool and gamma which might need some thinkering- Gamma as i understand it is more depending on the throttle input to simulate flow im guessing and dont seem to affect the peak output values.

Out of curiosity as that will be my next move, the tires tab outputs rotational mass/inertia values but i cant seem to find a corresponding/matching parameter in the tires.ini file?

Back in the early days of rFactor there was a user backed collection of tires (tire slippage/grip files) that i used to collect and compare against manufacturer data to generate new tires from, is there anything like this for AC, did a few searches but couldent find anything.

Again, thanks for the quick feedback
    Christian

luchian likes this.
  5. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson Member

No comprehensive guide really that I know of, but the best resource for me has been these threads, and creating my own spreadsheets based on the formulas given below:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyre-model-v5-specs.29891/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyre-model-v10-specs.36686/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/v1-15-physics-updates.47250/

Again, I find it much simpler to understand what does what based on creating the graphs based on the formulas and tweaking the values to see how it all works. I'd start with the values shown on on the V5 tyre link, as most are still applicable and are really the 'core' to the model (FZ0, LS_EXPY/X, DY/X_REF being the most important to get started on).

luchian likes this.
  6. Christian Persson

Thanks Gary, that should keep me busy for a few days, interesting reads too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice