PittRace Track Race/Start Point Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Justin Case Usselman, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Justin Case Usselman

Justin Case Usselman New Member

I was wondering if someone could answer what seems to be a pretty basic question? Im sure it may have more detailed answer but i figured coming straight to you would be the best way to start.

So right now our track here at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex has apparently only been designed to be run as practice, if you select anything other than that and try to start race it will load the track and car but places the car on a random section of the map and crashes back to selecting track and car until you go to practice. Is there a way to easily fix this? Luchian had helped me a few months ago figure out how to make our guard rails actually work and we get a lot of novice drivers and kids who use our simulator for training and as stupid as it sounds it was a major upgrade.

It was also explained that if this issues occurs it means it only has AC_PIT_0, AC_PIT-1, etc. This is where you start in Practice. For race you need the start positions, AC_START_0, AC_START_1, etc I attempted what was suggested. the original designer had AC_START_0 mapped out as AC_HOTLAPS_START_0. I changed it and it had the same effect, it placed me in a random area on the map for 3 seconds, then returned back to summary menu. I also noticed for whatever reason whenever I import FBX into KSeditor its just a black circle and looks foggy. I am not sure what I may be doing incorrect. I attached screen shots/files on is of the track file location and the other is what KsEditor shows whenever FBX is imported.

I am far from experienced in Blender as well as KSeditor but I am DETERMINED to finish this project. Our facility is currently going through major upgrades and a motion simulator is in the works and we would love to give our customers an actual race experience as well as be able to hold tournaments! Any Input or help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Post your logs please (see my sig).

Also, make sure the position is not "applied" for objects like spawn points. For example, when you select AC_PIT in Blender you should see something similar to this (not the same figures, ofc).
    ac pit.png
    Notice that location is different from 0,0,0
    Rotation must be different on at least one axis
    Scale should be 1

Also, maybe check FAQ, it may help you solve the Editor issue as well.

If it's not one of those, then it's probably the scale - to test, do a double-click on one object in the SDK editor scene tree.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice