SOLVED Pitstop man showing inverted textures on custom map

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Stanley Shepherd, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Stanley Shepherd

Stanley Shepherd New Member

SOLVED!

Hello,

fairly new to modding and creating custom Assetto Corsa maps. Ive come a cross a pretty annoying problem that I couldn't fix. Ive trierd so many things and it just hasn't worked. Everything is scaled properly and everything is rotated properly but for some reason the Main pit stop guy who holds the PIT sign has inverted textures. It only occures on my map and not any other. I'm not sure what caused this issue but it might have something to do with the KS Editor. As you can see in the images, the outer layer of him is flipped as if it was invisible. Ive tried flipping the texture around of the AC_PIT_0 but it's no use. ://
    Any help would be great.

Thanks

Fix:

The dummy AC_PIT_0 had a negative size value (it was something like xyz: -0.535). I scaled it to +xyz: 0.5 and it fixed the issue :)

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    Gunnar333 likes this.
  2. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

i think it inherits the normals from the AC_PIT_0
    so i guess you have to flip normals in edit mode for all the AC_PIT_x boxes you have
    www.imgur.com/a/KuwsOXS

3. Stanley Shepherd

Thanks dude. I'll try it out

4. Stanley Shepherd

I found the issue! :)

The dummy AC_PIT_0 had a negative size value (it was something like xyz: -0.535). I scaled it to +xyz: 0.5 and it fixed the issue :)

ced330, Gunnar333 and fughettaboutit like this.
  5. ced330

ced330 New Member

Thanks so much for sharing! Had a similar problem where I thought the mesh and shading normals were somehow opposite or something, turns out it was just negative scaling.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice