SOLVED Organisation

Discussion in 'Season I' started by TCLF, Oct 5, 2014.

1. TCLF

TCLF Member

So, after this pretty successful and clean first race, I will put out a suggestion for getting more people into this league.

The problem at this moment is that you'll have to go to a different site and make a different account (which a lot of people hate and puts them off for participating in a league). Also people miss our thread (on the AC forum) because it gets drained away by all the other posts.

My idea was to organize it on the AC forum. Don't worry, I have thought this trough. We of course can't be spamming threads (like revs sim racing does atm). I have though out how we can do it in a single thread. If you do it in a single thread on the AC forum, the thread will stay up on the (At this moment) chit-chat room, because we will be posting and discussing there. That way everyone will see how this league is progressing, can get in way easier and will make bigger grids with also higher quality grids (even though us 4 were already super high quality).

If you are interested in this idea I can make an example post here for you all to test and/or use.

2. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the sugestion TCLF, but I'd prefer that the league stays in here. We need to feel free in the environment, and be able to manage all sections/topics as we need to, in order to keep discussions clear. The AC forums are not yet organized with this purpose in mind, I'm affraid. Probably they will be in the future, as developpers stated in many ocasions.
    Also, the fact that one needs to register here, can be seen as a first "test" about his/her commitement. We don't really require hundreds of people (because they will be upset not being able to race all :D), but just a hand of serious racers. And hopefully, they will join, if we show a decent organisation. Lots of things are still to be implemented, in the following weeks I hope. (keeping an eye on that RuleBook of yours :p).

Thank you for the good intention, but hope you understand this point of view.

PS: this doesn't mean we can't communicate on AC forums about results & co ;)

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos New Member

Any news about next championship?

4. TCLF

TCLF Member

not really. there have been some suggestions to which cars and whatnot we wanted to race, but I think they will first finish this championship before making decisions.

5. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

Current season will finish just in time for winter holidays. And next one will not begin sooner than end of January or so. But in the mean time, we'll need to discuss organization aspects again, so we'll be better prepared for Season 2. And I have a feeling that choosing the next car will be a heated topic :). We'll see. Polls will open towards end of December.

Rui Santos, cata82 and TCLF like this.
  6. fordman

fordman Member

I have heard on the grape vine that there is a really good, fully managed championship, single series coming up soon from a very repeatable website / organisation which is aiming at the wider audience and hopefully being fulling sponsored with prizes....I am keeping my ears to the ground for that one

7. TCLF

TCLF Member

So after last races I want to get back at this topic. Last race it was only @luchian and me racing. I'm at the point where I will say that this can't go on longer. So I read your post again (@acmods ) and came up with another idea.

What if you make all the threads on this forum, then a thread on the ac forum with all the links to the right posts (images can also provide links to them, which makes it way more user friendly) and the sign ups to something like google forms. This makes it far more accessible for newcomers (that way they dont have to make a new account) and you still have the ability to edit/moderate all the posts that are here on this forum.

8. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hey Remco. Small offtopic, just for clarification: the acmods is the official admin account (sort of like the AC Support account), and was made as a common account in the beginning, shared with a friend. Lately, due to time constraints, it's mainly used by me. So with exceptions, posts are (also) made by me, while doing other administrative tasks or meant to share the forum's "vision", as discussed when this project started :).

Coming back to the idea: I like it. Well, half of it. Could be nice to communicate on AC forums about each round, with topics here, in order to keep discussion clean. But time to do it, could(is) be an issue :(.

But registration on a 3rd party platform, I don't see it useful. It's not that much more complicated to register here if one is really serious to participate in a season. Purpose of this league is not to assure some random racing; we have Club Racing area for that, and not even speaking about the hundreds of public servers. The purpose is to really race in an as much as possible constant composition. Starting to know a 'bit people you are racing with, creates those adrenaline pumping rivalries and intense racing moments. Sort of like you and me lately; or +Victor when he was racing.. and this happens at all skill levels (higher or lower), supposing there are enough racers.
    If composition would change every two other races (because it's very simple to register > hence to also quit) it can never happen. So no point in doing all the work there is behind (like setting up server, analyzing replays, keeping driver rankings, etc). And I do share your specific point of view in this case, no point in doing the last round if only the two of us are racing..

If not enough people can show interest or commitment towards the league, then there are other reasons for sure: maybe combo is not popular enough, maybe race format is not good, maybe communication is not enough, maybe organization is not enough, and who knows what other.. it's this area that I'd like to see it being worked on.

We'll see how discussions for Season 2 go, and decide how that season will go on. Hopefully, a lot more animated.. I can't believe that from 500+ users here we can't find 20 that like to race.. Maybe there are lots of shy racers. We'll need to reassure them that the more the merrier, no matter the skill level. There is a match for everybody :).

9. TCLF

TCLF Member

Well, TBH having to make another account just to drive a league is more of a burden than a test. That simply puts off drivers from joining. It doesn't keep drivers from leaving (just look at how this season went), and people will commit if they find that the league is well organized. If they have to make an account just to try it out, it will stop them from trying. Definitely because this race part of rhis community is far too small for people to say "oh this looks good". Why people don't want to make a lot of accounts? idk. But it's a fact and we should give the drivers the best racing platform we can give.

And that is why we should make it as easy as possible for people to join in.

luchian likes this.
  10. luchian

I understand, but in this case, why choose this server and not other ? Except for public servers, every league out there requires driver registration. And it's only normal.. Just dropping own name somewhere on a google spreadsheet, I'm not even sure people would remember there's even a race to take part to, unless the actual race is in the following 15 minutes (..it happened to others too :whistle:).

Then, keeping track of drivers ranking with people joining and leaving every race would be very difficult.. :ninja:. Then let's suppose there are racing incidents to discuss. And so much more (like organization of a specific season - choosing a car, deciding calendar, ...).

Having said all that, let's say I am willing to try (events in club racing area). Who's willing to help ? :D

11. fordman

fordman Member

Hi guys, firstly I want to apologise for my lack of attendance last Sunday. My shoulder is on the mend " why are physio's never sexy LOL ) but there seems to be a problem with my spine, not my shoulder after all, but the problem is side by side, so they are working on it.

Anyway, aside of this I have found a group, a small community, well I say small, its massive to be honest. They run multiple sim's and are working on AC, that's where I came in from my experience and help from Luchian. Just replying and talking on the forums, myself and Steve ( AC Organiser) are hosting another event ( but this time due to help from Luchian ) they are using personal skins and its this Thursday, Ginetta's @ Donington, and within 1 wk we have almost 20 confirmed drivers that will attend, with a few more missing.

They are looking to push and promote AC further, with myself organising leagues and one off events.

So this sort of took my attention away from everything else, due to the amount of enthusiasm and people that are interested, on what I have been told on a regular basic.

You are all welcome to join, if you want. They are a friendly bunch of the older generation of sim racers ( no I can make that corner at 120mph) reminds me of the Original LFS League back in the days.

If you want to take a look, reg is free, and there is some cracking events coming up, as one off, and also some great racing series, so if you want to take a look, head on over to http://www.simracingpro.com

But away from that, sorry for the lack of response, and attendance here.

Regards

Fordie

12. luchian

Hey Fordie, no problem for the absence.. there no obligation in hobbies..
    Also, thanks for the suggestion, but (speaking on my behalf) the problem was how to make this work :). Otherwise, I know there are lots of leagues out there, if one wants to race. This is one example (and I could use it to point out.. my point: driver registration is a must ). It even ask for real names.. which personally I like but we decided not to use it in our season just to make things "simpler".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice