QUESTION Object Names in 3DSimEd are not working?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by MoZqUiTo, Apr 22, 2018.

1. MoZqUiTo

MoZqUiTo New Member

Hi there,

I´m currently working on a track with 3DSimEd.

I have a major problem. It seems 3DSimeEd does something wrong on the object names. The Track was a conversion of a friend who has no time to finish it, so I do. Many Objects are in and working, but yesterday I wanted to add the timing sectors. I placed some easy cubes beside the track and named this objects AC_TIME_0_L and AC_TIME_0_L. I also places Time 1 and Time 2 in the same way. But in AC nothing works. I can drive the track, but the time will never start or the Lap will never count.

Did I made something wrong? As I understand, I just have to place this cubes beside the track? Do they have to be in the right High? Is there something I have to do additionally in 3dSimEd for the renaming? I also set the Parameters in 3DSimEd as "Timing"

EDIT:
    Also when I rename an Object to: 1WALL_name it´s not working. Something ist happening in Game as I just don´t see the object than after it? But not as wall?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Active Member

The axis of the timing objects are important as well, Z has to point forward and Y up... don’t think it’s something you can control with 3DSimEd.

No one here uses 3DSimEd for editing, recommend using blender or 3ds max.

luchian likes this.
  3. MoZqUiTo

MoZqUiTo New Member

That worked... thanks Mate!
    Turning the objects is no Problem in 3DSimEd. The Problem is: I´m a noob in using blender and similar. That´s why 3DSimEd is very simple.

So there is only one Problem more now. Like I said: Calling objects for example "1WALL_name" will not make the wall to an object you can hit. The Object gets just invisible. Any Advise here?

4. Johnr777

Johnr777 Active Member

In the KSeditor, make sure IsRenderable is set to true

Capture.PNG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice