QUESTION No visibility from cockpit

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by GRLap, Apr 2, 2022.

1. GRLap

GRLap Member

I'm tinkering with a car Mod, mostly exterior body mesh. I did not touch the windscreen. The windscreen has an exterior, interior and damage object layers.
    In KS Editor and in AC Content Manager, the windscreen is transparent from the cockpit (pictures below). But in-game the cockpit view is obscured by a grey cloak of doom! It almost looks like the windscreen may be transparent (because the hood is visible) but there's a cloak of grey doom covering the car! Honestly, WTH? The exterior view in-game from the pits looks absolutely fine.
    Has anyone ever seen this?
    I exported using AC-CM, edited the .fbx with blender, and exported the .fbx to kn5 using KSEditor.

view from within ks-editor
    kse_clear.jpg

cockpit view within AC-CM
    accm_interior_clear.jpg

outside view within AC-CM
    accm_exterior_clear.jpg

cockpit view in-game
    in-game.jpg

2. WalkerAW11

WalkerAW11 New Member

In kseditor, do you have the window mesh set to transparent and the material for it set to alpha blend? Some cars have multiple windscreens in the same place for dirt etc, it can be easy to miss the extras and leave them on opaque.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice