New member ykon

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Yannis Konstantinidis, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Yannis Konstantinidis

Yannis Konstantinidis New Member

Hello all ,

my name is Yannis, I am mathematician from western Greece and recently started my first modding experiments in assetto corsa. I had some experience modding the good old Flight simulator X, but nothing groundbreaking.My 3d program of preference is 3ds max.

Using the useful information in this forum started 2 projects for 2 race tracks in Greece, Serres Circuit based on an old track for RFactor and then started a new track from scratch,Megara Circuit, just using google maps.

Serres:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Megara:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have driven on one of the tracks. This is me at Serres :

[​IMG]

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi Yannis, welcome.

Glad to hear you are finding the forum useful. The modelling looks decent in your tracks, but one point to adjust is shader values. Screenshots looks too bright. Play with the ambient, diffuse and specular a little bit. I would suggest to start low (like 0.3) and build from there :).

Looking forward to see more of your tracks. Especially since they are a bit exotic, and without the involvement of people like you, they would never come in a sim :). Maybe start a dedicated thread if you wish to be held responsible :D.

3. EKO Sim-Racing

EKO Sim-Racing Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Yannis !
    If in need, I too am a 3dsmax user, so for any tips or whatever, just shout out :)

4. Yannis Konstantinidis

Yannis Konstantinidis New Member

Thanks for the welcome,in the following days I will start my own thread and ask any specific question in there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice