Need some advices to start ( workflow)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by pixsim, Oct 10, 2021.

1. pixsim

pixsim Member

Hello Guys
    After many weeks, I admit than I need help to put a track in AC.
    I have seen some tutos on youtube also read the great post "Build your first track" Basic guide tutorial".
    But my first experiences are not positive.
    The mains issues:
    the car fall through the track in game. OK I have seen that it could be due to the object naming versus the name writed in the surface.ini
    the object have this name 1ROAD_RaceSurface01 , so for me it's look good.
    I also thought to a wrong AC_START_0 position , even with 2-5-10 m high , i have the same case.
    I start to think about a wrong workflow.

First I meet some pb with AC editor , than I found really not ergonomic.

My workflow
    1- from my 3d scene I extract the mesh in an obj ( so the 1ROAD_RaceSurface01.obj)
    2- import the obj in 3dsimed ( so all the initial mesh needed AC_START_0; AC_PIT_0, etc .. )
    3- set all the material needed
    4- export all the scene in kn5 file
    5- launch the game

So my first questions
    any one use the same workflow with 3dsimed to build the first track structure ) ?
    is it really necessary to work with AC editor to mod for AC ?

Thanks in advance for all advices
    ;-)

2. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

KsEditor is the official modding tool for AC, so yes, it is necessary. Especially if you want a decent result.

A good workflow should be = Modeler -> FBX export -> KsEditor -> KN5

Nothing against 3DSimEd, but it should not be used when building a new track…

EKO Sim-Racing likes this.
  3. pixsim

pixsim Member

Hello
    sorry again to ask few advice, but I come from Rfactor 2 modding, so I need to clear understand the AC modding process.
    Following your last advice I have start to take a look on KS editor , but still some questions than I don't found the answer.
    I like modding step by step , implement first track, grass, and after. And add after one by one by the rest of the other object and test it in game.

So with KS editor , it's look like you done it in one batch ( one time ) , I don't find the way ( option ) to save the scene , add new object (fbx) in the KSeditor , save the scene again.

It's look like you export all the scene from the 3d editor in one fbx object ,
    in Ks editor , I have not found the button to save the scene , the option to give me the possibility to add others object later in the process.
    ( actually I have a pb with my scene the global export in fbx crash)
    be great if you have some advices

4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi @pixsim,

Would you be interested in a live exchange?

We can schedule a meeting on Discord, I answer all most* your questions. And you tell me a few things about rF2. I have been looking for some time to get 1 track in rF2, but did not manage to.

* in the limit of my abilities :D

5. pixsim

pixsim Member

hey @ Luchian
    yes. a live exchange will be great ,
    we can organize something like this ;),

luchian likes this.
  6. Ze70r

Ze70r New Member

I have the same problem with 3dsimed . I did what is written in the tutorial i renamed the road objects with 1Road_(name of the obj) and my car still fall through the track.Is there any solution , or could that be related to Axis?.I am trying to convert a fictional track from rF , i did assigned AC_PiT_0, car spawns corectly but cant manage it to stay on the road......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice