Need help first track

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Mansonaty, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Mansonaty

Mansonaty New Member

Hi all! Im making my first track,ive made a couple before on RTB but now i made it on zmodeler and convert it to FBX. Problem is KSeditor does not load my textures,it says NULE on all of them! It seems to be ok on 3dsmax,sketchup and other programs. Can someone help?

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi.

Have you placed all your textures under \yourtrack\texture and used them from there in zmodeler ?

If yes, and it still doesn't work, it's not all that bad. You can just re-assign them in KS Editor. You only need to do this once, then save the persistence.

3. Mansonaty

Mansonaty New Member

Hi,sadly i have not. i just made the track for the old racer game (.dof files) with the textures on the same folder as the .dof files otherwise zmodeler would not recognize them. Its a big bridge here in portugal tottaling 17km so it was split in various .dof files. what i did next is Unite Select all of the parts into a single Bridge.3ds file with all of the textures inside. when i load it onto 3dsmax or sketchup it looks great,all of the textures are in the right place so i converted it to .fbx. i load the .fbx file in 3ds and it looks OK,i load in into sketchup and looks ok as well. however when i open KsEditor, i does not show any textures and says Null on all of them. so i have to build it again in zmodeler and keep the textures on a folder named "texture" ?
    or can i simply assign the textures now on KsEditor? I dont know how to do that,thank you for the reply and hugs from Portugal.

4. Mansonaty

Mansonaty New Member

Ok i have made a little progress,i looked around on KsEditor and managed to import the texture using the "... button" on the KsEditor. all the textures look wrong but its a little progress i guess. i think i´ma have to texture it all again i will try to load the .kn5 into the game

5. Mansonaty

Mansonaty New Member

another question,can i import the textures into Kseditor in the .TGA format? or does it have to be .DDS?

6. Mansonaty

Mansonaty New Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice