model le mans 1923 track and 1967 alpine a210

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by dans_garagiste, Jun 20, 2019.

1. dans_garagiste

dans_garagiste New Member

Hi all,

My names Dan.I have some ideas for projects but would like some guidance on where to start, on current best practice and if they are viable. Also some mod ethic stuff. It will be my first mod. I have basic experience with with unity, blender and programming.

PROJECT IDEAS
    1. Build 1923-28 version of le mans track

2. Model Renault Alpine 210 from le mans 1967 (I cant find it modelled in any game to import checked here https://www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Alpine)

3. Model and Import some cars that raced le mans from 1923-28

QUESTIONS
    4. Can I mod someone elses mod (1967 le mans) as a foundation for my 1923 le mans track

5. Can I morph a apline a110 into a A210 without building it from scratch

6. Which games are viable to import models from and what is the best workflow

I appreciate your time in reading this post and advising me where possible

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Only if the author gives you permission (so find the author and ask).

Only if the author gives you permission. So ask.

None.

Probably not what you hoped to hear, but that's the way it goes if you wish to make a respectable name in the scene.

3. dans_garagiste

Probably not what you hoped to hear, but that's the way it goes if you wish to make a respectable name in the scene.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply. I have decided to work on the 1923 le mans track from scratch. Have been busy researching the road surface and getting reference photos where possible.

I have decided to get altitude data from this website every ~10m or so and input the data into blender on the y-axis.

In 1926 the stretch from Pontlieue to Mulsanne was asphalted for the first time (previously the surface was water-bound macadam).

So for 1923 the road surface was a temporary mixture of gravel, dirt and tar (water-bound macadam) so I guess I have artistic licence to determine the road mesh as it has no bearing to today's track (apart from elevation changes).

Do you see any flaws or suggest any improvements to this approach. I do not want to start this project on shaky foundations so would appreciate any input.

Cheers
    Dan

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  4. dans_garagiste

: le mans, vintage, mods
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice