Minorating

Discussion in 'ACM Server' started by Pixelchaser, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

ihlades and luchian like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

This is very interesting. And I like Minolin's style, will be following this.
    I was watching the raceme.io project, but the more the merrier I guess until the best solution appears. Even if punishment might be harsh sometimes, must admit that iRacing's system works and offers top quality racing behaviour.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  3. ihlades

ihlades Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hmmm, there are a number of differences between the two.

Minorating works by calculating each driver's safety rating and (in the future) making possible to refuse connections from driver's with bad ratings. This plugin will be installed on each server that wants to use such features but will offer no centralization other than (maybe) a global safety rating list.

raceme.io goes further. They'll have a number of servers, their own, and when you will start a session the raceme.io module will automatically connect you and other similarly-rated drivers to the same server. It's not a plugin for server admins, it will be a paid service and it tends to work "automagically".

For those who prefer to organize things their own way Minorating seems to be the obvious choice. For gamers who just want to go close-racing in MP raceme.io will be awesome.

luchian likes this.
  4. Pixelchaser

I`d rather see Kunos invest in any/either of these concepts and ideas when they are fully proven. if they could take their title into a realm with this built in. that would be ideal.

5. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

For the time beeing, Kunos clearly stated they have no intention in doing so. Not because they don't want to but because they don't have the resources to do it.
    And even if I don't like it, I think they are right. Seting up and maintaining something like this requires some serious man hours. And I don't think it would translate into more sales. The serious simracers user base (that would directly be interested by a project like this) probably hit a plateau (or will soon enough). So unless they'd go the subscription route it can't be sustainable. This is why they wish to provide 'some' tools and let people handle it.
    In any case, both racemeio and minolin will probably be payable at some point. It's just a lot of work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

6. Pixelchaser

kunos invest in minolin software. and sit back and do nothing. what resources ? Minolin is the only resource :) , and there after an official server plugin with a centralised server feed.

7. Marton

Marton Member

I managed to get back to grade C (after being turned on the track and the whole grid crashing into me) and had a really nice race on Spa with Ferrari GT2. So I can confirm, this thing, even if it is not perfect at all, works! Best race for a loong time...

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice