SOLVED Mesh smoothing in bledner. Proper height changes.

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by MaxineOnGasoline, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MaxineOnGasoline

MaxineOnGasoline New Member

Hello everyone! I started my own track project some time ago and finally decided to sit and try to make it. I've never tried 3d modeling before, so I started watching ang getting through tutorials to get at least an image of it. It was easy to find out that Blender was a very good option since it's free, and very intuitive.

I've managed to scale the track properly with the simpliest mesh possible and put it into the game to make sure it's working. Now I'm trying to move step foward and create proper mesh with smooth height changes, which turned out to be more complicated. (the main part is the downhill track, so it's pretty important, right?)

I've seen some topics on this subject written by people who use 3ds max, but couldn't really see anyone talking about blender. I wanted to ask if is there really that huge difference between using two? I don't think that playing just with splines would give the perfect outcome to adjust the track height to make it properly smooth.
    I also have a student license for 3ds max, so in theory I'm able to use it, however it's hard to find any decent modeling tutorials for it, and Bledner has its own Bob Ross of modeling called Blender Guru, so it's quite easy to learn everything here :D At this point I'm not sure if I should stay in Blender, and keep looking for some ways to achieve my goals, or switch to 3ds max in which I've seen there are even plugins that would help me out a little. I would really appreciate any help!

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

MaxineOnGasoline likes this.
  3. MaxineOnGasoline

MaxineOnGasoline New Member

Looks like I was blind enough to miss the most important thread about this. My bad, got it know. Looks like I'll be very fine with staying in Blender! I'm kind of relieved, hahah. Thanks for the response!

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice