QUESTION Materials don't save after leaving KSEditor ! Why ?

Discussion in 'General' started by killso, Aug 21, 2018.

1. killso

killso New Member

Hi all,

I'm facing a big issue, I've made my own 3D model, but, everything is fine until I open it in KSEditor.

Materials don't stay when I leave KSeditor or reload my 3D model ( because I can see issues I couldn't see when rendering it with Vray directly in 3dsmax, I sometime have to go back on 3Dsmax to edit the model ).
    I save the "persistence" file when I've done texturing my car in KSeditor, everything is fine, I can see the car in Assetto corsa and everything works, but when I re-import my fbx file, it only loads a very few amount of material.
    All the bitmap used are in the texture folder.

I really need some help because this is making me crazy, I've already spent way too much time at trying to understnd what is happening but I don't get it.
    I'll appreciate your help guys.

2. Fuzo

Fuzo Member

I would say it is a problem of material names probably, check if you are using standard characters when naming materials in 3D program, I suggest using Kunos naming convention. Then save the persistence and check if it was actually saved by checking the date and time of the file. Or check the log.txt, when opening ksEditor it creates a log.txt in Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs (the same as standard game does) and check if there is some error concerning textures.

3. pyge

pyge New Member

I once had this kind of thing happen and the reason was the texture folder was improperly named as "textures" with an extra s. So maybe check that your texture folder is really named "texture" and not "texture " with a space on it or any other variation.

Also everytime you save your persistence the file is overwritten with just the materials you have in your fbx. So if you are trying to import your model in several fbx files using the same persistence file your materials will be essentially deleted every time.

Also are you sure your material names are not changing between fbx exports?

4. killso

killso New Member

Thanks for your answer guys,
    I've found what was causing the issue, it was because I've named a few of my objects on my 3D model in my native language, and there were accent in them, which KSEditor didn't recognize. The log file was created but it was stopping when it was writting an object name with an accent.

AccAkut and benobro like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice