W.I.P. Making a "Scratch made track". AI doesn't work. FIXED!!!

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Stig's Cousin, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Stig's Cousin

Stig's Cousin New Member

Hi to all.

I'm making a AC new track. A little track of my city. Only 1.4 kms. I'm thinking to make three versions, short (this), medium and long. Here you got some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a loooooong proyect, i'm modelling all with Zanoza Modeller (well, roads was done using BTB). Buildings, kerbs, gardens... i'm refusing some objects (parked cars imported from my old mods for NFS HS, HP2, Most Wanted Revival Mod and Shift Top Gear Edition) and some free 3d objects (bins, lamps and more).

It's my first AC scratch made track. And everything is working fine. Except AI.

I've defined the surfaces (PITLANE, ROAD, GRASS, SAND, KERB, LINES and RUNOFF) in surfaces.ini archive, and named the geometries propertly (1PITLANE, 1ROAD, 1GRASS, 1SAND, 1KERB, 1LINES and 1RUNOFF). I've recorded the pit_lane.ai, fast_lane.ai and ideal_line.ai. But opponents doesn't move or stop after a few seconds.

[​IMG]

As you can see there isn't red lines. I don't know the reason.

So what i'm doing wrong? There is any way to fix this using SDK or manually? Thank you very much and cheers.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Do you have maybe intersecting roads ? That seems to confuse the road identification sometimes.

3. Stig's Cousin

Stig's Cousin New Member

No, i've divided it. So 1ROAD geometry means only race way surface, and the other surfaces are 1RUNOFF geometry and the others. For this reason i don't know where is the mistake.

I'm not at home. I'll edit and post a pic ASAP.

Thank you very much and cheers.

4. Stig's Cousin

Stig's Cousin New Member

Fixed! I've found a way to make AI works without road geometry modification. I'm not at home but i'll explain it ASAP, probably it will be useful for another modders.

Thank you ver umch and cheers :) .

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice