QUESTION ksmultilayer_fresnel_nm question (and a short introduction)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by SebSto, Feb 26, 2020.

1. SebSto

SebSto New Member

Hello everybody,

i am a looooong time reader on this and other assetto corsa forums, and i am now finally making my own track.
    I would like to thank this really awesome community for all the information and resources they gathered here and the help they offer, it is really something special.

So far, i have gotten a working, simple track in game, everything works fine with AI, physics, and so forth. This would not have been possible without all the information i found in these forums, so thanks again everybody.

However....now here it comes...i can not get the ks multilayer shader to work. I am pretty sure i am missing something really simple, but i just can not find it. I have googled it for weeks now, tried to find any info on this issue, but no luck.

No matter what i do, the shader always displays just black in my Editor viewport. I fed Kunos textures into it to avoid having an issue with the textures, i copied all the settings from the "photo quality road surface" post on this forum, but it just does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. problem_with_ksmultilayer.jpg

2. EKO Sim-Racing

EKO Sim-Racing Well-Known Member

activate the "magicMult" to 1 and "TarmacSpecularMultipl" to 2, see what happens...

3. EKO Sim-Racing

EKO Sim-Racing Well-Known Member

compare to what Luchian did, make sure you put in exactly the same values at first, to see if it works. When/if it does, then you can test out different values:
    upload_2020-2-26_17-9-30.png

4. SebSto

SebSto New Member

I found it....sometimes you can not see the forest for the trees. It was the magic Multiplier. Thanks a lot! I guess i will be starting my first WIP Post then :)

EKO Sim-Racing and luchian like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice