Kseditor doesn't load persitence

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Kappish, May 4, 2019.

1. Kappish

Kappish New Member

Hello guys, i'm new here, and i need help 'cause i don't get the problem :/ hope u can help me :D

So, i've created a track with RTB, then imported in kseditor and changed the name of some objects in 1WALL001. 1WALL002 and so on to give them collision properties in game.
    Everything's working in game, but when i open again kseditor to make new changes it doesn't keep the old ones, so i have to rename again all objects D:
    The funny thing is that the ini file has every change saved, but once i try to load it with "load persistence" function nothing happens :(
    I don't understand where's the problem.. help me please T_T

2. Patrice COte

Patrice COte Active Member

I think have the same bug, but I have a workaround patch.
    The editor actually saves the persistance. What it doesn't do is load properly.
    The only fix I found is to manually edit the track_name.fbx.ini to change the header version to "3".

For instance, after I save I get this at the start of the file (that doesn't prevent you from making the KN5 export to the game within the same editor session)
    [HEADER]
    VERSION=4
    DLC_KEY=0
    USERNAME=Mr Track Maker
    DATE=10/5/2018 4:28:34 PM
    MD5_HASH=46e25fd3e9c0d192188cfafe35069016

All I have to do change version to "3" and erase the next four lines. So the track_name.fbx.ini file looks like this

[HEADER]
    VERSION=3

[MATERIAL_LIST] etc...

I don't know why it does this, but this patch works for me, I reload the fbx and all is there. You just have to remember to change that version number before reloading the FBX in the editor every time.
    Note that you can save persistance multiple times within the same session, no problem.

Its' a bit annoying but I've learned to live with it. Anyone have a permanent solution?

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Pixelchaser likes this.
  3. Gunnar333

Gunnar333 Well-Known Member

No problems here.
    I'm using the one that you can find here: steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\editor
    Maybe in ksEditor you have to setup things in Utilities->Data Editor first.

4. Kappish

Kappish New Member

Thank you guys, i've tried both things, even together, but nothing's working here :/

5. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

There are ways to name objects in RTB.

So if you get that sorted, you have less items to name in KS ed.
    • MATERIALS > PROPERTIES > GAME SURFACE
    • MATERIALS > ASSETTO CORSA > GAME SURFACE
    • APPLY, Close Materials, Save RTB file.
    And you should't have to rename files in KS Editor again.

Also, when you build an xpack, there are these two places where you can define the surface as well (as above), and then you import the xpack into RTB, then Materials will already be set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

are you using the wall tool in RTB. I had thought it did some wall naming? #

regards manually changing object names I have never seen a fix for that directly to the sdk.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice