Issue with bumps/uneveness of the track

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by stefanzink, Feb 28, 2018.

1. stefanzink

stefanzink New Member

Hello ;)

I recently started modding tracks into Assetto Corsa with Blender. I began with making little, flat circuits that worked perfectly. However, I started tackling bigger projects and I tried to make the skill section/infield of the Red Bull Ring. As some may know, this "part" of the track is not flat at all.

I managed to get height data via the Google Maps API and I started making path around the outside of the infield and around all grass areas. I then edited the path to match my researched height data and it looked promising and quite like the real thing.

Problems started after those steps. I couldn´t find a good way to add faces between all my paths, to which I added meshes (via Array and Curve modifiers). I experimented a bit and found a way that worked somewhat easy. I selected some vertices, filled them by pressing "F", pressed "Alt+F" (Beauty Fill?) afterwards and then "Alt+J" (Tris to Quads) and finally I removed all unnecessary edges.

I thought I have made a decent job because it did not look bad. However, once loaded into Assetto Corsa, I saw that the car did bounce a lot and I had many bumps and uneven spots on the track.

Is there a way to get rid of the bumps and smooth out the surface or is it better to start over again with a different strategy. I dont think that manually fixing the problem is a good idea because I tried it already, didn´t really succeed and it took ages.

track.PNG track2.PNG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice