I goofed in blender, please help

Discussion in 'General' started by liquido, Apr 10, 2015.

1. liquido

liquido Active Member

I'm working on Ascari rigth now and trying to solve some unwanted and high bumps on some places, working on the mesh of the road, and after a few hours of work on the same place, one complex turn that is driving me crazy... suddenly I got one cube made by edjes in the pivot point of the mesh that I'm working on.

Please... what it is?... what Did I do to make that cube and how to delete... should be afraid? I would say has appeared alone.

Attached Files:

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi @liquido , welcome to the forums :).

Is that cube connected to the mesh (or any other mesh in any way ?). What's the name of the cube object ? (is it a dummy ?). In any case (and you probably did already) it can be deleted most probably :).

liquido likes this.
  3. liquido

liquido Active Member

Thanks for the wellcome. :)

That cube seems to be connected to the mesh of the turn that I was working yesterday, I don't know much about blender so it is a compete unknow for me. To give you an idea of my knowledge in blender .... I've been using more than two years and last week I discovered the knife tool.

I learned watching tutorials on youtube and although I can make good 3D models in most of the things I'm stuck and I am very very slow.

I don't know what a dummy is inside Blender, it could be.... It seems that dosen't change anything in the model, today I export the track and there is no cube in assetto corsa, but I still have it in the blender file, yesterday I was afraid to touch anything... you know.. I was like... what is this shit... better don't touch and ask.

I take this occasion to thank all the work of the forum and the Guide for the First Circuit. I have followed step by step and thanks to this I was able to successfully export the circuit to corsa assetto.

luchian likes this.
  4. luchian

A "dummy", also called a "helper" in max, it's an object that only have a functional role inside the 3d program itself but it's not part of the geometry (he will be always hidden in renders, or when exporting). In your case, (IF it's a dummy) maybe it was used as a reference point (radius center ?) for your curve.. ? Or if you are working on a conversion, it had maybe another role, depending what the game engine was.
    You can send me the file if you wish, and I'll have a look :).

Otherwise, thanks for the kind words, glad you find the guide useful. Especially since you've managed to do the first export by yourself :). Let us see some screens with the Ascari at some point ;).

liquido likes this.
  5. liquido

liquido Active Member

it will be a dummy, I have not done thoroughly and was not there before, when this "dummy" appeared, I had engaged hours in the same place and had my head bumping, I do not know how but there is.

the project is mine from scratch, before export it to Rfactor and now actually has textures ISI official content and therefore not public catches.

I started Ascari (the same for all my proyect, others are comming after ascari) with BTB and one Trackday in the real Ascari Race Resort I could show the manager my virtual ascari, he liked and gave me the plans of the circuit, and the project has taken another level, even I have my blueprints.

After the BTB work in blender to fix stuff, now I have in blender and send you a copy smoothly, when I exported to Rfactor it was published as open source and I will continue doing the same.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  6. luchian

Hey, that's a very interesting (and massive !) project ! So you have plans and elevations for it ?! :rolleyes:

Had a look at your "alien cube". It's not actual part of the geometry, it's just a matter of how you display that specific object. You've clicked on "show texture space" for your 3road_8.001 :). Here :

ON (with even more options)
    2015-04-12_082704.png

..aand OFF (I left the axis but of course you can deactivate that)
    2015-04-12_082759.png

For the timing part: if you wish to have one split, then you need to add 2 more objects, at the place where you want to have your split.

AC_TIME_1_L >> on the left side of the road
    AC_TIME_1_R >> on the right side of the road

These objects don't need the axis orientation like the spawn objects.
    The trigger will be a line drawn from the center of the object to the other side (not visible.

liquido likes this.
  7. liquido

liquido Active Member

You are my hero. Thank you for solving my problem. :)

I have almost fixed Brundle turn. more and more I like the circuit .... soon begin to add details to the bumps and curbs.

I exported to Rfactor because it was so easy to do with BTB. I buy it for RBR stages, but I've never liked Rfactor, I played RBR, LFS and Netkar pro and those were my goals, but time passes and things change ... so here I am discovering the corsa assetto and recapturing the topic of mods.

Yes I have real data, elevation ,cambers, radius... and hundreds of photos of almost everything inside Ascari Race Resort.

If ascari ended up being something spectacular will be by the skills of another, someone will have to make his contribution in the visual field, because I do not control it, rather I'm bad very bad with textures.

luchian likes this.
  8. luchian

It's REALLY nice if you have all that data !! Just take care of the modeling (ideally including UV mapping) and we'll see about texturing and shaders. Maybe other members would give a hand also. Like @Pixelchaser .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

9. liquido

liquido Active Member

I can do a proper UV mapping, I like that task, and one of the reasons I learned to use Blender.

Also I need to work on normals and other stuff... I need weeks to achieve what I want before relase a public Beta.

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice