Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Zeno-, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Zeno-

Zeno- New Member

Hi,

I don't really know what to type; I find introducing myself a bit awkward.

Anyway, I've been enjoying racing sims (and games) since about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IndyCar_Racing_II Heh, I guess that gives an indication of my age :D

I've been programming since I was about 10, starting out with a Commodore 64 and soon finding BASIC a bit dumb moving into 6502/10 assembly language. I then got an Amiga and did programming in C and M68k ASM for some, umm, "groups" :whistle:

Finally I decided that I should study CS, which I did, but then ended up studying biology (with botany as my main focus) as well. It's weird how things turn out.

Not sure what else I can say. I still program and I have throughout most of my career even if it was not an official part of my job. I mostly write my stuff using C or C++ and try to keep it cross-platform. I do most of my development on Linux and love Qt.

Open source: yep, this is something I support very strongly.

I read books. Lots of books. Fiction or non-fiction, it doesn't matter. For fiction for many years I concentrated on fantasy and sci-fi but I've progressed into other genres and enjoy a whole heap of them now (as long as they're well written of course). Probably the only genre of fiction I'll never read is "romance".

Err. Well, that's me.

Cheers

Edit: you now all "know" me better than most people in real life LOL. I'm a pretty solitary person.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. ihlades

ihlades Well-Known Member Staff Member

Nice story you've written there. If that's what comes out when you "don't know what to type" I'm not sure I want to see how much you can write when you know what to type. :eek:

I'm kidding of course. Welcome!

luchian and Zeno- like this.
  3. Zeno-

Zeno- New Member

lmfao

4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hi there @Zeno-
    Welcome to the forums, thank you for the introduction :).

5. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

hi there :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice