Help with textures (sketchup/3ds max)

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by sacunha, Aug 4, 2018.

1. sacunha

sacunha New Member

I used sketchup for modeling and 3ds max to put all the dummies. i dont know how to work with textures, i never have worked with them.
    I made some poor moddels that i would like to have better textures in game, but i dont know how they work...
    if someone can help, pls tell me.

1.png 2.png 3.png

2. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

you made that Benz in Sketchup? Pretty impressive. Or did you import a model from somewhere? Because it already has some textures there like the licence plate.

For textures you need to learn about "UV mapping", basically fitting the surface of the mesh onto a flat piece of "paper". I have no idea if Sketchup allows you to do that or if you need to do it in 3DSMax.

[​IMG]

luchian likes this.
  3. sacunha

sacunha New Member

licence plate isnt a texture, its drawn 4.png

i already used something similar in 3ds max for the mirrors work cause i cant position images in corved superficies on sketchup
    5.png
    ty anyway
    i will watch some tutorials about uv mapping

4. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

Sketchup probably does create textures itself, which is neat. Could you maybe share the fbx file and texture folder you used to get the car ingame? I'm curious "how far" you got with basically just Sktechup

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice