QUESTION Help with 3dsmax.

Discussion in 'General' started by Galaxy, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy New Member

Maybe these question were somewhere but I couldn't find them.:(
    1. While I am importing fbx file it doesn't show "scale factor" and I can even change units it still won't show me, but I manage to find out that I need to import it in centimeters to be correct size.
    2. Even when I import it my whole (Friend's) car's vertexes are broken, one guy said that it can be because of 1st question problem.
    3. After I everything weld and edit what I wanted, smooth doesn't put on and this happens (https://prnt.sc/koep8s). I tried to fix uvw and to do everything that I know but nothing helped.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

It seems to me you are trying to run before you can walk. If you wish to get away with it, you must do the effort to explain clearly (preferably with screenshots) what your problem is. Or wait and hope that a knowledgeable 3ds use will make the effort of understanding your request in the current form.

However, IF it is a ripped car (aka extracted from another game), then please don't bother. It is against our Terms of use.

3. Galaxy

Galaxy New Member

Could you tell me which part you didn't understood? I think that for 1st and 2nd questions doesn't need any screenshots because who knows something about 3ds max will understand it and for 3rd there is one.
    P.S. This car is my friend's also he allowed me to edit it as I want it

luchian likes this.
  4. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

Ask that friend then, if he managed to build a BMW to that high quality he will be of better help than all us internet randoms.

"Model of a friend" has always turned to be like a code word for ripped stuff, either by that friend of yours or yourself.

5. Galaxy

Galaxy New Member

He didn't face problems like me so he doesn't know what it could be:
    "My only thought is the import/export.
    I've never had the issue so I've no reason to know."
    P.S. I checked import/export and I even copy those settings from him, but still it didn't help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice