HELLO!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Prototype, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

Hi there!

Started building my first track for AC about 6 weeks ago.
    Man, this is a slippery slope! Didn't think Id get so into it. Worries me a bit actually, Havent had a life since. And I've got tons of other projects, so this could be trouble :)

It was a no brainer for me to do my local track, and there isnt a version of it available as far as I know. Ive done many laps on it on 250 2 stroke bikes, superbikes, and a number of cars - Audi R8, Porsche 911 4s, Nissan Gtr, and Lamborghini Huracan. So I know the track fairly well, and I have access to it for photographic reference, which Iv been using for not only 3d modelling but for texturing as well.

Every time I googled how to do something, this site came up, and for the most part, this site gave me the answer I was looking for.

So figured I'd join and post up my progress on the project I'm working on, and hopefully get help from the community as I run into issues. The learning curve was fairly steep the first 2 weeks or so, then I kinda plateaued out, and now find myself running into more issues, but Im finding it super rewarding nonetheless.

Not new to game dev, been in the industry, as well as the Motorsports industry for a long time. (Sim racing is the perfect fit). Its been more than 12 years since I actually did asset creation and dev work .

So this has certainly been fun, and a kind of blast from the past thing for me to do.

Take care.
    Dale

[​IMG]

2. Prototype

Work in progress 3 lap quick race today - testing AI mostly, and checking some other issues.
    Not all the surfaces are defined yet - so kerbs are basically gravel etc.

luchian likes this.
  3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome @Prototype , sounds like another success story :D. We've all been there. I am currently "forcing" myself to restart a project from 3 years ago, but it is enjoyable after those first few hours to remember the "logic". I also realize how much I've learned in the mean time.

Your project looks very nice, thank you for saying hi, hoping to see this turn into a thread of its own. :nerd:

Prototype likes this.
  4. Prototype

Thanks for the welcome luchian, will definitely start a thread for the project!

Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice