ISSUE Fix a broken part in a car mod

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by nfc94, Nov 4, 2020.

1. nfc94

nfc94 New Member

I want to fix a minor flaw in a car mod I use very frequently. It's so subtle I haven't even noticed until very recently after +2 years of driving the car, although now I just can't unsee it.

This car has exposed suspension springs, and one of them looks very bugged:

[​IMG]

This mod was last updated in 2018 and it's made by the same guy behind CSP and Content Manager, so I doubt he will bother to fix this as he seems to be busy with those things. An earlier version of this mod doesn't have this issue. For a while I used the KN5 of that older version, but I noticed it has its own issues too. I wonder if it's possible to bring the spring from the older version of the model into the newer one. I don't have experience in AC modding aside from some skins I made and (very) basic use of the ksEditor.

2. 3DCat

3DCat New Member

Bit of a necro post but seeing as you have used the car so long you might still be interested in fixing it if you haven't already.

Yes you can import the springs from the older KN5, its just a matter of unpacking the old car in CM, importing the FBX into something like blender, select the springs, invert selection, delete, select the springs again and orient them correctly as they likely moved when the dummy was deleted, then export as something like OBJ.

Now unpack the car to be fixed, import in blender, delete broken springs, import springs obj, and move them into position.

May require some scaling as the export/import process is brutal. Make sure the springs have at least a material set.

Export the whole thing now as FBX with these settings if using latest blender:
    [​IMG]

Import straight into KsEditor in the SDK/Editor directory of the Assetto Corsa installation, do a quick scroll through the materials list on the bottom and make sure none are red (which would indicate a missing texture), if any are red click it then open the materials tab up top, click the three dots under the R to browse and select a texture, you should be able to find it in the textures directory of the car you unpacked.

Done, export the KN5 straight to the cars folder and replace the old one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice