QUESTION First time modding help

Discussion in 'General' started by Trawa, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Trawa

Trawa New Member

Hello, total noob first time modding here.

I have my car model, now I want to make the car "driveable" in AC but I have no idea how to do it. Can someone with greater knowledge tell me how I can do it?

I don't want to make custom physics since I have no idea how to do it, so even just replacing the car model will suffice.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hello @Trawa ,

The minimum you need are the car dummies. There is a document from Kunos explaining the whole process under \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car-pipeline-1.03. It is indeed a bit complex at first sight, but you don't need to do everything it's described. Also, if you don't want to create everything yourself (and it's a good idea for a first project) you can use the example formula K (under \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\content\cars\formula_k).

Hopefully, in the future I'll be able to post a simplified version of this process. But as of now, it's very difficult to anticipate that date due to severe lack of time :).

Wish you good luck - if you keep at it, you'll get it no doubt. In the "big picture" AC is actually quite modding-friendly.

PS: there is also a video by Spitsy that can help :

3. Trawa

Trawa New Member

Thanks, assigned everything in 3D Max but when i import the fbx to editor the car is invisible.
    Materials are assigned in 3ds but in editor they all show as NULL.

4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

This can happen sometimes (especially if the folder structure was not respected as per the documentation). But it's not such a big issue, you can reassign the textures to each material. Click the browse button for each material, inside SDK Editor and re-select the textures.

Don't forget to save persistence so you don't have to do this every time you open the fbx file :).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice