W.I.P. Fiorano

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by MLT, Nov 2, 2017.

1. MLT

MLT Active Member

Hi, I've been modding for some while now a few games before I got hold of Assetto Corsa, really having fun with it, and my new wheel.
    So as a modder I would like to share with you, what I have in the works and what is planned ahead for AC.

I'll be focusing mostly on tracks though.

1) Fiorano Test Track
    So this is really missing in AC, and as a Ferrari fan I could not let this one pass by.
    I will be making a few versions of this track:
    a) 1972, 1st Layout and surroundings ( 70% done )
    b) xxxx, 2nd Layout and surroundings ( 60% done )
    c) current layout and surroundings ( 50% done )
    d) current layout with ferrari factory route ( so you can drive off a freshly manufactured ferrari from the factory to the test track. (20% done)

2) Southamerican Tracks
    I live in Chile, so I'll start with tracks from different areas of my country. Then I will move onto creating other south american country tracks.
    a) I'm working on a PTP Track, in the northern region of Chile, close to the Bolivian border. It will have 2 or 3 different sections.

That's about it for the moment. I will be releasing a few screenshots and more info of the works soon. So stay tuned.

aphidgod, Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Great to hear. Not only for the content but also for giving AC modding a try :).

Looking forward to seeing more. Good luck and keep us informed :).

3. MLT

MLT Active Member

Ok I have a few screens of WIP. I'm in the texturing phase, lots of work but I hope to have this finished before the end of the year.

Fiorano Track
    1) This image should reflect the all around level of detail to expect from really close by buildings, which you can drive up to. ( Enzo Ferrari's front house door within AC.) Keep in mind this is not final.
    1.jpg
    2) The most detailed buildings are going to be:
    a) M. Schumacher Plaza ( 3 buildings and yard ), this is a great area for the use of photo mode.
    b) Shell Pit Garage ( this will definitely be the most detailed, since you'll be able to drive in for pit stopping. )
    c) Fiorano's Bridge ( this model will also be very detailed )
    3.jpg 2.jpg 6.jpg
    3) Kerbs will also be detailed and will have the actual mesh as a collision mesh, to get a realistic feeling while driving on them. ( If you look closely you can see the wheels are at different heights while passing over the kerb)
    8.jpg 7.jpg

PTP Tracks
    1) Quebrada de Ocharaza is the name of the first PTP track of the northern territory in Chile.
    Here are a few images that show a WIP, very rough finish.
    4.jpg 5.jpg

That's about it for now, I will be posting new info and screens soon. I hope other people like it too.

4. luchian

Good progress :). In case you get stuck somewhere, ask around. It helps NOT killing the motivation :).

5. MLT

MLT Active Member

Sure thanks, I'm trying to get a transparent glass effect for the windows. Do I need to make the glass parts have a different material than from the rest of the house, in order to be able to change the material type in ksEditor?

I'm pretty much done with Enzo's House. I'll be posting some images soon.

6. MLT

MLT Active Member

Got things sorted out with the transparency. This is pretty much the final version of Enzo's house. I do need to fix the roof, chimney, and add, antennas and the ferrari flag.

1) Enzo's House, now with transparent windows. Now you can see the curtains behind as well as some environment reflection.
    12.jpg 10.jpg

Cheers!

EDIT: forgot to mention that I'm trying my best to keep the poly-count down. So the full house is around 3400 tris.

Willy Wale and luchian like this.
  7. luchian

Hahaha, very nice addition with the glass and courtains. Probably not many people will notice it, but those that do will love it :).

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

8. MLT

MLT Active Member

Small Update
    Currently working on a custom tarmac texture for the track. It is still WIP.
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_fiorano_12-11-117-0-36-49.jpg Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_fiorano_12-11-117-0-40-59.jpg
    Also been fixing small details here and there.
    The overall buildings are modelled, just need texturing and add them to the environment.
    Been testing AI for a month now (probably the first thing I added into the project) It runs pretty well. I'll be optimizing this during the upcoming days.
    Times achieved in-game are very consistent with real-time data, so everything is looking very promising.

garyjpaterson and luchian like this.
  9. luchian

Texture itself looks good :). It seems there is a problem with tiling though; it looks stretched on the longitudinal direction. If you are using Detail in the multi-layer shader, play with multiplier number. Otherwise, you need to have a look into the 3d software directly. Anyway, nice to see this progressing.

Also, do you wish to have photos visible in full in your posts ? Just attach them and press the Full size button.
    (maybe you knew already, this is just in case) :). I prefer them full, it saves me some clicks :D.

10. MLT

MLT Active Member

Hi thanks for the reply, yes it seems stretched but it isn't actually. I was tired yesterday so I didn't properly adjust the textures, specially the normal map. I will be fixing this later on in the day.
    Ok good to know about the full images, was trying to keep the post small in lenght.

11. MLT

MLT Active Member

Small update
    I've fixed the texture issue that made it look stretched. I've also matched the color of the track to its real life counterpart. It still needs lot of work, for instance the detail texture needs improvement. It will only get better.
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_fiorano_13-11-117-14-34-19.jpg Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_fiorano_13-11-117-14-35-53.jpg

luchian likes this.
  12. MLT

MLT Active Member

Just a quick post on the Fiorano project:
    As I've gotten more and more photographies and information during the last week, I realized some height miscalculations on the track layout and seeing the file wasn't very clean, I've decided to redo the 3 layouts from scratch. This won't take much time but it does set the project back a bit. So bear with me :)

Order of release:
    a) Layout 1972 version.
    b) Layout 1992 version
    c) Layout 1996 version.
    d) Layout 2017 ( current livery )
    e) Possible fifth layout, 2017 with wet track.

The good thing about starting with clean files and meshes again, is that I will have the chance to apply some improved methods discovered along the way, right from the beginning.

I'll keep you updated.

Johnr777 likes this.
  13. Johnr777

Johnr777 Moderator

Good start! Hoping you are using something else to finish the track after RTB, like 3DS Max or Blender?

Kunos' older Ferrari game has a laser scanned Fiorano that provides some good reference!

MLT and luchian like this.
  14. MLT

MLT Active Member

Hi, thanks. Well I'm using various programs, RTB included but not the most important one. I wasn't aware of Kunos's older game title. Anyway I'm using as reference, photography, Grand Prix 4, Test Drive Ferrari Legends, Goolge Earth, etc. Great video.
    I'll be posting more stuff soon.

[EDIT]
    Oh ok, Ferrari Virtual Academy, yes I did know about it, just didn't know Kunos had developed it.
    Couldn't get my hands on it. Wish I had. It seems it is not available anymore. Bummer.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  15. MLT

MLT Active Member

Ok guys, it has been a while. I'll be posting some new pics today!
    Stay tuned!

16. MLT

MLT Active Member

Sorry guys, been doing lots of work for some clients, haven't had time to get back to modding.
    However expect new update soon

luchian likes this.
  17. MLT

MLT Active Member

Ok so as promised a little update. There's still lots of work to be done, but I could say I'm about 75% done with the Schumacher Plaza.
    The reason for taking my time on this area is that the 1972 track layout used the now defunct garage. On that layout you will leave from that garage and make your way to the track.

garage1.jpg garage2.jpg 3.jpg
    No normals on the garage building yet, but they will look like enzo's house's one. I will be fixing the flag and make it wave around.
    I know it looks pretty rough, but that will get all polished and look a whole lot better further down the end.

That's it for the moment, more to come very soon.

luchian likes this.
  18. MLT

MLT Active Member

Normals added. 4.jpg 6.jpg
    As you can see, there are quiet a few things that need to be fixed, improved, added, etc. For instance brick color . Also will be adding the staircase next to the red door. 5.jpg

Showmebest66 and luchian like this.
  19. luchian

Nice work. I like your approach, no hurry, taking things one at a time :). Keep it up !

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

MLT likes this.
  20. MLT

MLT Active Member

Thanks, I just hope it doesn't take forever. Anyway a few things added. Staircase and door. garage4.jpg
    Stay tuned for more

Showmebest66 and luchian like this.
: Track mod
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice