QUESTION FBX Animation

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by 3DCat, Feb 10, 2021.

1. 3DCat

3DCat New Member

UPDATE: I got it working, you want this kind of hierachy for the exporter to work:

HEADLIGHTS (Empty/Dummy)
    HEADLIGHTS_ANIM (Empty/Dummy)
    GLASS (Mesh)
    LEDS (Mesh)
    LEDS_HOUSING (Mesh)
    SCREWS (Mesh)
    HOUSING (Mesh)
    TOP (Mesh)
    Leaving the rest of the post up for posterity. If you just want the solution stop here.

I can't quite seem to get the workflow down for getting basic car animations out of Blender.

If I export via the recommended method using the ksanim plugin for Blender with a primary root empty and an additional empty for each moving part (rather than animate each part of the mesh itself) and export the ksanim the animated parts default state is at the end of the animation rather than the start and triggering the animation makes the animated mesh vanish entirely.

In this case its just basic flip headlights, the default state is down, I animate a single keyframe to move them up and export.

Now if I select all parts that are animated and export as FBX (Selected objects only) and bake animation (then import into kseditor alongside the car and grab the ksanim) the animation kind of works but again the default state ends up being up and when triggered only a single part of the mesh moves.. HIGHER UP. Its as if the last position is being used as the default state and its just applying the rotation data to that default state.

Will try and reverse my animation and see if that helps but in the mean time if anyone has some tips that might help me do chime in :banghead:

Technical info:
    Assetto Corsa 1.16.4
    Blender 2.91.0 w/ ksanim/knh exporter 0.4 (I am aware its for 2.80/2.81, I get no errors though.)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice