Export standard car?

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by Christian Persson, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Christian Persson

Christian Persson New Member

Hi,

So, I'm not sure if its frowned upon, legally messy or damn right impossible but is there any way to export a standard car from AC?

What I want to do is take a standard car that I love is available in the first place and improve on that to my own liking, I don't plan on releasing anything publically or do any online gaming with this content, all I want is to be able to make some changes that I think AC gets wrong about the content and alter into my own justification in to what the car should be. Main things that I want access to is a ability to change the power/dyno curve and suspension settings, that's it.

I have some experience with modding from rFactor and can see that the basics and filestructure are the more or less the same. the old mod I made for rFactor is something a want to renew as I move to AC.

So, is there any way to exports the standard cars to the generic ini files?

Regards,
    Christian

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Uff, indeed a grey subject to discuss :).

You are right, it is frowned upon.
    You are mostly right with the legally messy - it's in the first place something that Kunos asked people not to do. and that is modifying their (Kunos's) content. It has probably some legal implications, but some additional flavors also.

In any case, here at ACM, we love and respect their work, so we do not encourage this practice.

Having said that, if you plan on doing this for personal use only, I can add that you are wrong to say it's impossible :D. All the ini's that you look, are in the data.acd file. This helps also to avoid online cheating, for example, but also to protect to some extent the work of car's author (Kunos or modder).

A car will work in AC in both ways: with a data folder containing the ini's or with the archive data.acd. So, if you unpack the data.acd, you don't necessarily need to repack it after modifications. Have a look at our car guide, if you want to understand the context. Otherwise, I will not go more into detail on the hows for obvious reasons. But I am sure you can find a solution with google :).

3. Christian Persson

Christian Persson New Member

Cheers luchian, appreciate the feedback and although kept short for obvious reasons it contained all I needed to know and pushed me further, i´ll dig deeper on google.

One follow up question (for my scratch built creations only ofcourse ;) ) I noticed some cars have some menus locked, for instance most seem to have the alignment tab available but suspension tab (ride height etc) seem to be missing. any idea where in the filestructure one might find these settings?

also need to create in-game options for power levels but I'm sure its been discussed before so I will have a read through the forum and get back if it hasent.

Thanks again,
    Christian

4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

setup.ini

Have a (quick) look at the guide, it has most of the answers. But if it doesn't, don't hesitate to write back. We dislike talking about Kunos cars, but we love to discuss about user created cars :D.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice