QUESTION Double sided material

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by yDNA, Apr 6, 2018.

1. yDNA

yDNA New Member

Hello, i'm new here.

I'm making a new car from a Blender model of mine. I successfully loaded a prototype in game and are actually trying to understand the shaders/materials topic.

In my specific case I would need a double sided material to apply on the windshield mesh of my model (mesh is actually visible only on normals side).

I'm not sure if I have to use some specific shader or any other modeling technique.

Thanks for any comment.

2. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

AC does not use double sided. Just copy the mesh and invert normals on the copy. In case of the windscreen you should use separate materials, ksReflection on the outside, but ksWindscreen on the inside. Texture can be the same

luchian and yDNA like this.
  3. MarcosClutch

MarcosClutch New Member

Hi, i have similar problem. When I put two crystals and one of them inverted to see it from inside and from outside the car, i have the problem of the image, I have configured the two crystals with different materials and in some cars it works perfectly and in others it does not. The two cars have the same configuration of the material. So much thanks

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice