QUESTION Does anyone know of a way to allign a track perfectly to the terrain in max?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by LockeNessMotorsports, Sep 6, 2017.

1. LockeNessMotorsports

LockeNessMotorsports Active Member

Hey,

So i'm getting a little infuriated with everything going wrong at the minute which is making me lose motivation at the minute and close to giving up. Any how currently I'm grabbing each vert and alligning it manually to the google map terrain underneath and it's incredibly tedious and I was thinking surely there has to be a better way?

I've tried the scripted glue plugin but still it requires you to move every single vert individually is there a faster way or I'm out of options I've also used the conform tool in 3ds max aswell and for some reason it just doesn't work I don't think it likes me xD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS Member

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/terrain-conformer
    That script is my life. My steps are:
    1. Grab the border of the track/grass I'm attempting to line up and make a shape from it
    2. Use shapemerge to cut out the section that will be filled
    3. Use that tool to have the edges line up, and smoothed out for the distance specified.

3. LockeNessMotorsports

Cheers but I've figured it out with the conform there's still some verts to move up but not half as many making work flow fast I followed this video :), i forgot to 0 out the projection distance that's why it floated above. Only thing I didn't do was the boolean piece but it works well :)

4. LockeNessMotorsports

Never used shape merge though what does it do exactly?

5. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS Member

Shape merge 'cuts' a shape into a mesh, it's very useful for making precise cuts when you are placing kerbs etc.

l

6. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice