Featured [CONCEPT] Club Racing

Discussion in 'ACM Club Racing' started by assettocorsamods, Sep 18, 2014.

1. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

As the server is on 24/7, why not put it to good use ? :)

CONCEPT:
    Club type races, not a part of the official season's calendar (if one in progress). Every week, 2 races will be held, with the same combo, this way everybody can have a shot of making it to the race.

Registrations:
    Club races mean no specific registration is required. You can however let others know you plan to participate - more drivers attract even more drivers :).

UPDATE: You can reserve a car for a specific event. Your spot will be guaranteed and you will be the only one able to drive that car. To reserve your car, please reply in the corresponding event thread specifying your SteamID.

Basic Rules:
    Club races also mean racing among friends, so don't forget everybody is there for the same reason you are - to have fun
    - be fair-play and respect fellow drivers
    - avoid very aggressive maneuvers
    - watch you mirrors (use Helicorsa ?)
    - ideally practice a few laps before the actual race so breaking point don't take you by surprise

Every Monday, a new combo is decided, and the server will be in qualify/practice mode 24/7 except for the race evenings. A dedicated thread will be created each week.

RACE 1 Every Wednesday, 19:00 GMT in winter | 18:00 GMT in summer
    Quali 15 min
    Race 45 min [PIT is optional]
    RACE 2 Every Saturday, 19:00 GMT in winter | 18:00 GMT in summer
    Quali 15 min
    Race 45 min [PIT is optional]
    SERVER : ASSETTOCORSAMODS.NET CLUB
    During the week, the server is free to join, so you can practice as long as you wish :).
    At race hour server will be password-ed, so watch the week's thread for news.

Sounds interesting ?
    GO here, and see what the current week proposes.
    _____
    GO here, and post your request, in case you'd like to see a specific combo. Requests will be treated in the order they are being made. Official content will have priority (..or the very VERY good mods :) ).

Happy racing and see you on track ;)

DISCLAIMER:
    Small delays from the schedule can and may happen sometimes due to the nasty system of AC MP. Should this occur, we'll try and communicate as best as we can in order to inform the racers. Hopefully, Kunos will give us some more advanced options for server management (those that are familiar with LFS know what I'm talking about :) ).

2. assettocorsamods

..on this date. This is the request thread :).

DISCLAIMER:
    Please note that sometimes, modifications may take a while, as an admin might not always be around. This is at least until Kunos will give us some more advanced options for server management (those that are familiar with LFS know what I'm talking about :) ). Happy racing.

3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Club Racing Concept defined.
    OP updated. Race you soon :).

4. ihlades

ihlades Well-Known Member Staff Member

How about racing the McLaren P1 @ Mugello or Monza this week?

5. luchian

Sold, to the weird animal with red eyes ! P1 @Mugello it shall be ! *cough* Monza.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  6. assettocorsamods

Following the summer holidays, the Club Races will be back soon.
    Once we'll get the platform in place, we'll announce it here. ETA: beginning of September.

Thank you for your understanding.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  7. Polychaser

Polychaser New Member

Great choice of car guys. I hope this will evolve into some sort of league over time.

ihlades and luchian like this.
  8. luchian

It started actually as a league some time back, but it was too early, for AC itself as a product as well.
    Hopefully soon, we'll see the league racing back. And from what I hear, in a very exciting format. :whistle:

9. assettocorsamods

Latest updates:
    • Registration rules: You can now book a car for an event by checking-in specifying your SteamID. You will then have your spot reserved on the grid. ;) This is a new feature we've been working on and you will be able to make use of it starting this week!
    • Calendar: Races moved from THU/SUN to WED/SAT in order to allow fellow racers compete in online competitions which usually take place on Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
  10. assettocorsamods

How to reserve your car:

check-in tutorial.PNG

1. Confirm you will attend the event.
    2. Specify your SteamID so we can reserve your car.
    3. Post the information.
    4. Check that all went well by hovering the mouse over your username, we'll do the rest.

luchian likes this.
  11. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

do we have a full grid of people to do this with ? because I have to say its to early for booking. until we can have a grid we should not be booking. its a very limiting factor imo.

unless free to join and reservations work of course. is that now possible ?

12. Pixelchaser

please ignore that steam Id as its not actually mine. :lol: polychaser your a twat ! ok now to get some real steam ID`s.

13. luchian

Actually, it's a cool little add-on @ihlades has been working on.
    It's possible to mix the free slots with reserved ones. This way we make sure that the "regulars" will have their spot reserved even if the server is in free join mode :).

If not sure about your Steam 64 ID, you can use this little tool. Just enter your steam username.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  14. Pixelchaser

it doesn't work, and im not Pixelchaser from brazil. my number comes from the page link to my profile as noted in steam on my profile page. please reference yours likewise. and when checking, it then confirms as me. but adding my actual steam name I joined with doesn't work on these sites as my profile is private and well that wont change because ive been hacked before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice