3DSMAX Complete beginner video tutorials to make your own first tracks for Assetto Corsa.

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by acfastfab, Sep 4, 2018.

1. acfastfab

acfastfab Member

Cheers every one.
    I'm new on the forum, but a long time lurker.
    I present myself, acfastfab, author of the toscana race track
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/toscana.12659/

I'm just posting to say that for the ones that are interested or the one that might be tempted but never dare, I made a complete real time video tutorial about making your first track for Assetto Corsa.

It's 4 videos of half an hour covering the folders structures, making a simple mesh to test, making simple textures and UV's, making the track dummies, kS editor and export and finally I will add a fifth bonus one to add AI and a camera set. So it's kinda 2h video of Luchian "make your first track" topic... ^^

The first two are already on youtube and I will be uploading the 2 next video today :)
    Please accept my apologies for my strong accent.

I'm using 3dsmax and photoshop, but if you already have the basics of modeling and texturing in Blender, you will still find useful information about setting up a track for Assetto Corsa.

Disclaimer
    This whole first basic tutorials are made to understand how modding work for Assetto corsa and the different steps to have a track up and running for a novice, all at the same place in a single series of video.
    This is why everything is purposely done quick & dirty when it comes to building and texturing the track itself.
    I will make later, advanced level, in-depth videos about making a proper track from A to Z, also covering all the good practices and optimisations and some bonus video covering precise aspects.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  2. Kibbutz

Kibbutz Member

thank you I love your track and I'll watch your tutorials as I'm working on max and I'm missing a lot of knowledge

acfastfab likes this.
  3. acfastfab

acfastfab Member

Thanks. As I said, this serie a video is a first one, where the modeling and texturing of the track is very basic, ugly and unoptimized. It's juste to show basic labelling of object and have a mesh to drive on... ^^
    I will later try to make more "advanced" video that will try to cover properly the different aspect of track building. :)

EKO Sim-Racing likes this.
  4. acfastfab

acfastfab Member

Third video added.

EKO Sim-Racing likes this.
  5. acfastfab

acfastfab Member

The fourth one.

EKO Sim-Racing and Kibbutz like this.
  6. GreyDesigns

GreyDesigns New Member

Thanks so much for these, they were perfect for helping me get up and running. :)

7. Dave Thefan

Dave Thefan New Member

Thank you for this guide, I've been looking for something comprehensive to explain the whole process, and this is exactly what I needed!

8. tom jones

tom jones New Member

We want you to explain how to turn on the lights on the track .

9. fughettaboutit

fughettaboutit aka leBluem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice