RELEASED-final Circuito de Jerez

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by Alex Meyer, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Alex Meyer

Alex Meyer New Member

1,1.jpg
    Location - Jerez, Spain

About this Project:

This is not my first Track, but it's the first that reached a stage to be released. I really like this Track but never found a Version for Assetto Corsa, so I decided to make it myself.

Track Features:
    • 2 Layouts:
    1. GP [​IMG] (4,428km)
    2. Moto [​IMG] (4,423km)
    • Physical Mesh
    • 35 Pit Boxes
    • Track Map with Gras and Gravel
    • Dynamic Groove
    • 2 Camera Sets: TV Cam (based on real live TV Cams) and Race Director Cam (based on the real live Race Director Cams)[​IMG]
    • Working AI
    • Working Start Lights
    Thanks to Damian95 and felpel102 for testing and motivating me to continue working on this.

DOWNLOAD here

0,5.jpg 0,2.jpg 0,9.jpg 2,1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    EngineerDK, luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hello @Alex Meyer , first of all welcome to the forums :)

This looks very good. Is this scratch made by you ?

Thanks for sharing, I'll give it a go during the weekend and will sure post my feedback :).

3. Alex Meyer

Alex Meyer New Member

Yep completely from scratch, I think I worked on this for 2 years or so. Just as a hobby, so it eventually came together like this :).

Phil Gardiner, EngineerDK and luchian like this.
  4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Then I can already say it's awesome ! :nerd: Congrats. I love seeing people taking on the challenge.
    Hope you had fun, and hope you will continue to improve it :).

PS: I love the image with the TV cams :D

5. Alex Meyer

Alex Meyer New Member

Yeah, Part of me wants to continue to improve this track, but it's been so long time I developed this, that I think it's better to move on to something else.

luchian likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

tried your track there. and had a deep look at how its made etc. it would be great to hear more about how you work with your source files, programs you use. because its quite the exemplary track build in terms of kn5 file layout, construction technique's, multi lod scenery, very very good job there for a first track. almost textbook good.

if you work on the textures and shaders you have a perfectly excellent track up there with the best. I also think you should double up on your polycount for the physics layer.

damn fine job Alex :) seems to good to be true in some respects. so whats your secrets, coz nobody usually pulls that off for a first track.? or you have potential there, so don't stop making tracks :lol:.

7. Alex Meyer

Alex Meyer New Member

Oh wow, I don't really think there is anything special on my techniques and so on tbh.

Well I mainly used Paint.net for the textures and in the end a bit photoshop. And for the 3d modelling I used only Blender.

This project was mainly for fun and to see if I can do stuff.
    At the time I began working on this I didn't know anything about 3d modelling, textures and so on. I worked on this for 2 years now as besides School (I'm 18 now and done with school, university is next:nerd:). Many Things I did in this project I learned from this Site, so thanks go to all you guys ;)

I was a bit overwhelmed by your comments haha. Thank you very much :lol:.

So tbh I think, I have no secrets at all.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  8. LilSKi

LilSKi Well-Known Member

A little shader/texture work would go a very long way.

9. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

well you are one little alien geek 3d model guy Alex. seriously don't stop making tracks young man. because without question you are good at it.

may I have a play with the textures and shaders on ?, id like to show you what it could really look like..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    luchian likes this.
  10. Alex Meyer

Alex Meyer New Member

Sure @Pixelchaser I'd love to get some help with textures and so on. That is something that I don't know how to do at all haha.

I'm not at home for a while so I can't do anything at the moment but I will PM you when I'm back home if you want

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice