QUESTION Car Animations

Discussion in 'Car Models | Physics' started by Dragonsteam37, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Dragonsteam37

Dragonsteam37 New Member

Hey guys,

just a quick question about car animations:
    So after I made a quick first animation test in 3dsmax and imported it into AC, it seems like the animations in AC are really fast and I just can't figure out a way of increasing the length of the animation. Changing the frame count from 100 to a higher number in 3dsmax doesn't seem to change the length either. Does anyone know a way of increasing it or is that just that max length of car animations in Assetto Corsa?
    Thanks,
    János :)

2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Hey @Dragonsteam37
    IIRC, I think 20 frames is the max animation loop (also iirc, it's written in the car pipeline doc).

Dragonsteam37 likes this.
  3. Dragonsteam37

Dragonsteam37 New Member

Okay thanks! Will take a look at it.

4. AccAkut

AccAkut Active Member

ehm, I don't think that this is true, but it may depend on what animation you want to do. Like I use 100 frames for door opening, and it works and displays as intended ingame. Do you maybe try to animate the gear stick, and forgot to change the settings in the driver3d.ini?

@Dragonsteam37

luchian likes this.
  5. Dragonsteam37

Dragonsteam37 New Member

I actually just tried to animate some random wing for fun, and put it in a lights.ksanim and if I remember correctly it had the same speed when the animation was 100frames or 50frames. It only changed when I for example put a 100frames animation in Assetto Corsa in which only 50frames where animated. Then it seemed to be twice as fast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice