Borgloh - the most northern hill climb track in Germany

Read more about this resource...

luchian and Pixelchaser like this.
  2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

wow I shall be checking this out shortly. looks really good from the vids

3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Well-Known Member

good job here, but I'm going to be critical. it looks good, but there still a lot of work to do. all these 3d objects that are being used under "wall" for collision data need separate meshes, invisible meshes and lower poly to manage all collision data. just like the physical road being invisible, all collision data needs handled that way and as low poly as possible. even the house the car would never touch is titled as physical wall.

Ks grass should be used for 3d upright grass, not the flat terrain grass.

far to much 3d grass in grass kn5. at its thickest it should be about 0.5m - 0.7m between grass pieces. half that volume if you can.

road layout is quite good, however the visual version can be even lower polygon if you want to save more.

many people having issues with the track, including me, it crashes my AC. but I have to say its lovely looking at first glances, and then its too much for some peoples pc`s.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  4. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

The videos looks relly nice :). It looks like you have put a lot of effort into this track. Take the comments from the guys as constructive criticism and maybe it will become even better. I can't test it right now, but I hear some people are having problems with performance. You can take a look at these tips HERE, at least to get an idea of how AC "sees" the tracks.

Also, HERE, for the physical /visual layer.

Otherwise, keep it up, it really looks good. I like how you also used the same cars at the start the VW van and white Audi :D.

5. Gunnar333

Gunnar333 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your tips, I already have looked at them here in the forum.
    After the updates the track seems to run good for all users now. I think the main reason for all the issues was the high amount of movable objects. Which run good with my system but caused the problems on others.

Because I modelled most object of the track by myself I could do it as lowpoly as possible but still looks good because of high quality texture.
    Also with the advantage of a hill climb track (no opponents) and the advantage of only 2km track length I could be a bit more 'wastful' with my 3D objects.

luchian likes this.
  6. Gunnar333

luchian likes this.
  7. Gunnar333

Pixelchaser and luchian like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice