Featured NEWS Assetto Corsa Vows Renewal & a New Trailer

Discussion in 'News Timeline' started by assettocorsamods, Aug 19, 2016.

1. assettocorsamods

assettocorsamods Administrator Staff Member

With the release date closing in, the team over at Kunos, released another cool trailer to showcase the console version of Assetto Corsa. We say console version, but other than the fact of running on consoles, there is nothing less about it, compared to the PC version. However, we all know (and interact) on the Internet, so you might be aware of 2 general concerns:
    1/ that the game's strong point - the physics simulation - will be toned down in the console version
    2/ once that is done, the PC version will follow also, in order to make the game more appealing to the casual racers.

interior_shot.jpg

So Marco choose to make a(nother) declaration about it, trying to clarify things for those willing to listen.
    Here's how it sounded (directly from Marco's FB):

Some thoughts and answers to assumptions and theories I read on forums about the launch of Assetto Corsa on console, the future of AC, the never-ending question "will Kunos turn it in an simcadish on PS4/X1 to sell more?", or -even better- "will Kunos turn the PC version in a simcadish to please a wider audience?"

Usually I don't get bored to read hundreds (thousands?) of times the same questions people ask me, since I understand that everyday lot of people hear about Assetto Corsa for the first time. But when the same people ask the same questions or they underline the same points, sometime can be boring. Even because, no one needs to believe us. Just see and evaluate by yourself what there is out there.

Assetto Corsa console -> will be a simplified/simcade version of AC?
    Since last January, on the internet there are a lot of "hands on" and previews of the console version, always played using a steering wheel. We showed it during the European tour, during the Vallelunga event last May, and the conclusions of the players/journalists have been always "it feels like the pc version".

Another clue: what is the most known and appreciated characteristic of Assetto Corsa? Its car handling, and driving feeling. Which is the best reason why console gamers may decide to play Assetto Corsa, rather than Forza, or Gran Turismo? The number of cars? The graphics? I would say the fidelity of the simulation, the unique handling, the laserscanned tracks, the depth that a PC simulation can perform. If we subtract these factors, Assetto Corsa can't compete with these titles, because it couldn't offer nothing more these titles (created by talented people) feature at their best since years.

The most annoying question: now that AC console is ready for release, is going Kunos to make the PC version of AC more arcadish?
    The console version of Assetto Corsa has been announced in mid 2015, the team started to work on it in late 2014. Since then, the PC version has been constantly improved, updated, expanded, with 7 major builds, several new tyre models (now we are at version 10 - TEN) adding features asked from SIMracers, and now we are going to release the 1.8 version on August 26th. The popularity of AC on PC is at the maximum level, it's often in the Top chartz on Steam, people love it and enjoy it everyday, and they support us each time we release new features and content. Please give me a logical reason why we should change this, after 18 months of HUGE development brought ahead on PC after the 1.0 release. Simply, there is no reason why we should do this. So, ask yourself: in the last 18 months, on PC, did we converted AC 1.0 in a simcade, or we gave it even more depth?

We decided to bring AC on console to give ourselves THE answer to the question: "there is any potential on console market for a simulation like AC?". As company that runs in this business, we have to know it. And we'll know it soon. And the only way to answer this question is to bring on console the same experience people appreciate so much on PC, at the best we can. Period.

So, keep calm, don't worry. The only way we can change the soul of our most successful creation is to make it even stronger.

Ah. The picture? Just an excuse to capture your attention.. :p
    And yes: it's a non-exclusive Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 1974...

And you know why Assetto Corsa will feature officially licensed Porsche cars before any other out there? Because Porsche has chosen Assetto Corsa for its applications, due to the quality of the overall package: graphics-physics-care of details-handling -track accuracy. So, there's no way for us to change our DNA.

I guess, that even if you are on the non-believers' side, there's basically one week left to make your own test. As for the future, I chose to trust in 2 things: First is Kunos (at least for the respect of the job done so far), and second, the vocal alien (sim)racers around, that have experience both on the real and virtual tracks.

Good luck AC, hope the best is yet to come !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice