QUESTION Assetto Corsa LED track billboards (F1 like) possible ?

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by enrique prekop, Aug 27, 2017.

1. enrique prekop

enrique prekop New Member

Hey guys, I have question . Today while watching F1 , I saw some really cool LED ads on Spa circuit (LED billboards).

They look similar to this one .

Is it possible to create something like this (or at least give the LED effect) for AC custom tracks?
    I would love to see a “changing” billboard on my AC track. Could it be possible with a ksanim file ?

Thanks in advance !

2. GT VIRUS

GT VIRUS Member

We cannot do any animation in AC unfortunately. Having 2d animation would be great, but alas.

3. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Just remembered something: maybe 'something' could be done with THIS ?
    Definitely what you (and all of us!) would like to see but..

On the grand scheme, I doubt we'll ever see any progress on this regard. Maybe in AC2.

4. enrique prekop

Thanks guys !! Such a shame , because like GT VIRUS said , 2d animation would be great !

Thanks luchian , I will give it a try with mipmap levels and lets see how it goes! I will post any result !!

5. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

6. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie New Member

You could use 2 planes, one static and one mapped to a flag shader with a very low frequency. As the 'flag' plane distorts it would move in front of the static plane and become visible.

It would only give you two different images, but I'm sure you could combine 2 or 3 to give more variety.

enrique prekop and luchian like this.
  7. DarkSession

DarkSession New Member

I may look into this, im currently busy doing a track which i planned since two years and never really got time to finish, but im more a texture and modeling guy so i guess i can help here.

Static illuminated billboards with flashing lights are possible by utilizing the illumination shader which is also used by brake lights in cars.

Without trying anything, i think spinning wheels have a different texture then static ones, so kunos used some sort of animation here which utilizes two different textures and changes them as soon as the wheel starts to spin. I guess you can add as many images as you want, the question is how do we tell the engine to change textures without any motion.

Let me check this out when im done, ill look into this in the next weeks.

enrique prekop likes this.
  8. enrique prekop

Fat-Alfie thanks so much! That's actually a very interesting idea! I will definitely give it a try and post my progress. It shouldn’t be that difficult.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  9. enrique prekop

DarkSession thanks so much !!

Yeah I think you are right , the tyres use a normal texture and a blur texture iirc.

If it’s actually possible, as you said, to “tell” the engine to change or cycle the textures (on a static billboard) , I think that would be the best solution.

I never used the illumination shader ,But I will start experimenting with it. I Believe night mod tracks use this shader , or its a different one ?

maxresdefault.jpg 120ef6_9ad89ac493ca41598350afe26d729026~mv2.jpg
    Gonna start looking on this changing textures matter , but I will greatly appreciate your help, or any help from you guys, because I'm still a beginner!

luchian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice