As new as can be

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Aureliano Buendia, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Aureliano Buendia

Aureliano Buendia New Member

Hi everybody,

When I was young I used to play Gran Turismo 2. I thought it had pretty much reached perfection in the way the cars & tracks looked and the way the cars handled. Driving a real race car like Toyota GT-ONE on a real track like Laguna Seca was as good a simulation as it got. Or so I thought. The only thing I really wanted extra (being Belgian) was to have Spa in the game.

Since then, for some reason, I haven't really kept track of the evolutions in virtual racing. I've fallen in love again after driving with VR. So after doing a bit of research, I decided to get Assetto Corsa. Being new to simulations, I don't think I want to annoy people with clumsy driving on iRacing.

And as an amazing bonus, there's the amazing mod community. You guys give life to tracks I sometimes don't even know exist (or that don't exist anymore). There's so much quality content and that's pretty cool.

So I'd like to contribute too. I have as much experience in 3D modelling as I have in sim racing, but with the amount of info here, I should be able to do something.
    Spa has obviously been done. (And if it hadn't, you wouldn't want me to be the one working on it.) Zolder has been made by Pascalwb. So I'll do the one Belgian track left: Mettet. Brand new, small, low speed, unknown... not quite Francrchamps, but still.

wkr,
    AB

barf and luchian like this.
  2. luchian

luchian Administrator Staff Member

Sounds great ! Welcome and looking forward to see you at work :D.

PS: the point about GT2, very relateable !

- on Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice