I recreated one of my favorite tracks from the Gran Turismo series. Although I have the best memories of it from GT2, I tried building it the way it is in GT6 for a more modern look.
Recently I learned using Blender a bit and I decided to finally start this project. It's a lot of work and I would rather take my time and never finish it, than rushing it and get it wrong. So for now don't expect a polished track, but it's already pretty fun in my opinion.
- 3,5 km track
- 20 pits
- GT6 billboards or F1 skin
- TV cameras
First I started converting crdriver63's track from rFactor 1, but I decided to start from scratch, as this would make my life in blender easier (so I can now work with beziers and stuff, instead of a converted fbx).
I didn't plan to release it in this state because I think many people will only download a track once and never update it (yes I'm guilty), but I will probably stop working on it for the next few months due to personal reasons... So I decided more people than just the few forum users can already enjoy it for a while.
But I still have big plans for the track and plan to continue building and improving it in the future.
Of course I will do some big fixing though, if anything pops up.
Download the newest version of the track and extract it to your ".../AC/content/tracks" folder (there should be no version number in the folder name).
Or simply Drag&Drop it to Content Manager and click install, if you use it.
Download old versions:
Release 0.6 beta:
Old versions playlist
- better tree shadows
- higher tree texture resolution
- added fences around the track and some walls in the last two corners
- added f1 skin for cm by Ofitus21 (thanks!)
- converted all pngs to dds for better performance
- gave billboards a better material instead of plain colors
- some minor fixes
- grandstands like in GT6 and new spectators
- split the track up into multiple .kn5 files
I would be very happy if you gave it a test drive and give me any feedback.
Hint: The track is optimized for usage with CSP (custom shaders patch). If it doesn't look like this, you probably don't use CSP, especially regarding the 3D grass.
- add some imperfections to walls and fences
- more diverse textures for grass, rocks, etc.
- make textures look less repetitive
- tunnel reverb sound FX
- track lights for night races
- details, details, details
- Sony/Polyphony for the great track
- NightEye87 and many others in the RD forum for the countless detailed answers to my noob questions
- LilSki and many others for the great tutorials
- steevee for the tv cameras
- Ofitus21 for the F1 skin and initial AI lines
- My buddy Tobsen for the feedback and fun we already had on the track
- All of you for the nice feedback I received on YT, RD, etc.!
Car in the video:
Nissan GT-R R35 GT500 2013